User Tag List

Page 492 of 707 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously NQ is wrong about everything, but this is the exception which proves the rule.
    Clippers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree, but I'm not bald, so...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: 3 weeks as a refugee now, should definitely have caught it if there is a raging pandemic but other than the theatre of masks, temp checks and hand sanitizer at business entrances there is no evidence.

I liken it to the weather if the forecast says it's raining but you look out the window and it's sunny, what do you believe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

Taken from this article which I found quite ironic!

https://www.ctpost.com/news/coronavi...VID-210033.php

Homeland Season 35
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Saved hundreds of quid buying a £40 set of clippers and then DIY. #1 skin doesn't require expertise. Just keep shaving.

Saved endless hours of avoiding time with barbers who like to chat.

Clippers are the third best thing I ever bought.

Also works on beards.

Affiliate link

This. Haven’t been to the hairdresser for about 15 years.

6 cuts a year, at what £20 a go? Thats a £1800 saving, and I don’t have someone who identifies as hairdresser behind me.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I would agree, but I'm not bald, so...
    You would be if you had clippers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Update: 3 weeks as a refugee now, should definitely have caught it if there is a raging pandemic but other than the theatre of masks, temp checks and hand sanitizer at business entrances there is no evidence.

I liken it to the weather if the forecast says it's raining but you look out the window and it's sunny, what do you believe?
    Given that you were able to uproot your life and fly half way round the world, and that you're out partying most nights I'm going to infer that you're quite young.
    So it's entirely possible you have caught it and didn't notice. Obviously it's impossible to know how many people are asymptomatic, people generally don't get a test unless they have symptoms, unless they are having regular tests for some reason to do with work or whatever. My niece was taking part in some survey thing where she got tested every 2 weeks, part of how they're gathering stats on infection rates. She tested positive just before Christmas but had no symptoms. My brother in law had it and had such mild symptoms he wouldn't have realised but he got tested as part of his job as a teacher.

Up till end of October the UK mortality rate wasn't much out of the ordinary, it was ~10% above the average. So I was sneering about the "second wave". But after that the mortality rate grew to 30% above average by Christmas and 38% above average by the end of January. Numbers have gone down since but that's enough excess mortality to suggest that something is going on. Source:

https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/static...nd-latest.html

And you can have a look at the US numbers here. Similar pattern:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

And Mexico are still getting over 1,000 Covid deaths a day

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/mexico/

I don't know what their excess mortality is like.

TL:DR. You are someone who is being told it's raining but you're indoors and not near a window. You're not getting wet so you don't believe anyone else is.

All that said, this isn't a "Black Death" style plague where every family is going to have someone die. But I imagine everyone is going to know someone who has been affected in some way.
    I know a couple of people who ended up in hospital with it, I don't know anyone directly who has died from it but a colleague lost his mum with it and I believe someone in one of our overseas offices died from it, no-one I know though.

The real issue is that a lot of people might not die, but they will need hospital treatment and that clogs up the hospitals. And yes yes, you get more hospitalisations at this time of year every year. But the numbers are significantly higher this year, certainly in London. Previous years shown by the grey lines:

So there is a "situation" to be dealt with. I have consistently said I don't think locking everyone down is the right way of dealing with it. Because for someone like you there is no real chance of this affecting you. Contrary to popular belief I'm not 50 yet so even for me it's unlikely to do me much harm. But in countries with older populations and in a complicated, interconnected society shielding the vulnerable while letting the rest of us go out to play is not trivial. Although I do think more effort should have been made to do something like that, the effect on the economy and everyone's mental health is probably worse than the effects of the pandemic.

The real issue is we have completely inept government. We have the 3rd worst deaths/million rate in the world. The one thing they've got right is the vaccination rollout so hopefully that will bring some normality later this year. The reason it hasn't already is that the number of people in hospital is still so high and when restrictions were eased previously it immediately led to another big spike in cases and they're trying to avoid that again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading a few stories today that the EU are facing more vaccination problems.

As the EU along with Germany, France & Italy attacked the Oxford Vaccine & claimed it didnt work & wasnt safe etc, many in those countries are now either refusing to have the vaccine if its the Oxford one or just simply not turning up to appointments.

Obviously delays their rollouts but means stockpiles of the vaccine are just sitting there and not being used. If the EU dont want to use, they should send it to countries like in Africa or South America where the vaccine will be used and who perhaps cant afford to buy them.

As far as a vaccine rollout plan goes, I’m going to suggest that attacking one of the vaccine makers for political reasons to cover up your mistakes, is not the smartest idea when it now means your people won’t take the thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get my vaccine on Monday.

Looking forward to Bill Gates tracking my every move.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)