Page 499 of 707 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    It really is crazy to think what is going on back home, how excited you are to possibly be "allowed" to sit on a park bench with a friend in a month, meanwhile life here goes on as seemingly normal. I'm not trying to brag or make you feel shit just think with some perspective, is any of this really necessary? And even if it is who is the government to tell you who you can and cannot have in your home, who you can and cannot meet in public, recommendations yes but laws? Get fukd.

I'm actually fed up with socializing now and am having a couple of quiet nights in.
    What kind of life are you leading though right now?

Yes it might sound great being in Mexico partying all the time but if you are on your own, six months of that doenst sound that appealing to me. Do you not have to work? If not, lucky you.

Being stuck in a hotel for several months is surely the same as we are here? Just gets a bit boring after a while doing the same thing over & over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    is any of this really necessary?
    Well. There is certainly a situation going on which required a response.
    But I continue to believe the response was wrong.

The fatality rate is around 1% overall, if you're under 50 it's around 0%.
    I do know people who have become very ill with it, they haven't died but they were knocked off their feet for weeks.
    I know other people who got it and barely noticed.
    The excess deaths and the pressure on the NHS is pretty clear, something had to be done about that - I've shown data which demonstrates this isn't just like a regular flu season.

TL;DR, I think some restrictions needed to be put in place, I don't think locking down everything was the right response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    What kind of life are you leading though right now?

Yes it might sound great being in Mexico partying all the time but if you are on your own, six months of that doenst sound that appealing to me. Do you not have to work? If not, lucky you.

Being stuck in a hotel for several months is surely the same as we are here? Just gets a bit boring after a while doing the same thing over & over
    A pretty good life. It's reminded me of backpacking SEA only difference is far more people from South America here, there are still plenty of Europeans but I don't recall coming across many Latinos in SEA, here there are tonnes of Chileans, Argentines, Colombians and Brazilians as well as many Mexicans from elsewhere.

I have been staying at a resort with many other refugees from Europe and it really felt like a community. Many are there long term "working from home". But I did get a bit fed up and have now come to a secluded airbnb on a tropical island for at least a few days, but it's my choice to be isolated I can still go to the beach, I can go to a restaurant if I want, I can go to a bar if I want. I am free to decide what I want to do and everything is open and happy to accept me.

Will I get sick of it after 6 months, maybe? But I doubt it, before the china flu I'd often go travelling for months at a time, there is no real need (or desire) for me to be in the UK, only difference is I will likely stay in one country the whole time to avoid getting tested etc. but I still think I'll head to Brazil or Colombia. When? I don't know but I am free to do what I want and go where I want (to any country that will accept me ofc) I am not locked in as a prisoner in the UK.

I am not stuck in a hotel here, everything is open. One good thing about corona is nowhere is fully booked I book each night at a time knowing if I want to stay it will be possible but also one day when I decide to move on I can just up and leave with no commitments.

As for work I don't really have a lot to do I'm financially secure have to maybe do a few hours of stuff a week, but all I need is an internet connection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I couldn't stand that sort of lifestyle but each to their own. I'm very much a homebird.
    My brother in law went off to India for 6 months before I knew MrsL and he loved it, travelling around meeting people.
    I hate that sort of thing but if it's working for you then good for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Personally, I couldn't stand that sort of lifestyle but each to their own. I'm very much a homebird.
    My brother in law went off to India for 6 months before I knew MrsL and he loved it, travelling around meeting people.
    I hate that sort of thing but if it's working for you then good for you.
    i'm very envious of wengerbabies it sounds amazing

i wish i'd been able to have that kind of lifestyle when i was younger - i did do a lot of travelling in my 30s and early forties but for no longer than four weeks as i was working - it was painful to have to save up all my holiday for one long trip although fun when i did it

but now i'm probably a bit more like you - even before covid we'd been holidaying in the UK for the last few years - i love just piling all our stuff in the car and driving 3-4 hours to Norfolk or the New Forest then setting up in self-catering for a couple of weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t get enough of travelling personally. Been very fortunate to have seen a whole variety of places. Did my first ever staycation last year in Cornwall and it was nice but it didn’t feel like a holiday at all. I get a buzz when I’m out of comfort zone in other countries.

Already got a whole stream of plans ready to go when it’s ok to book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if i do go abroad again it would be India, not sure when I'll have time and money though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    staycation last year in Cornwall
    NO!!!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    if i do go abroad again it would be India, not sure when I'll have time and money though...
    India has grown on me a bit. Been 4 or 5 times with work.
    My first impressions were "AAAARGH!". It's quite the culture shock.
    Once you've got over that though, it's quite nice.
    Would recommend Sri Lanka. It's got a lot of the Asian craziness but feels a little more civilised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    India has grown on me a bit. Been 4 or 5 times with work.
    My first impressions were "AAAARGH!". It's quite the culture shock.
    Once you've got over that though, it's quite nice.
    Would recommend Sri Lanka. It's got a lot of the Asian craziness but feels a little more civilised.
    yeah my sis has been to Sri Lanka and really liked it