Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    What are you preparing for?
    He is preparing to put up more crap because people keep responding to his posts and he gets off on that. It would be better if people just ignore his posts. He is just a classic attention seeker - every time someone shows he is wrong about something, he just starts something else. And he will continue to do so. He switches between arguing one way and then another - anything to take a contrary viewpoint to keep the ball rolling.

Step back and take a look - he dominates all the threads in General Chat. I wonder why people don't join this forum any more. I know there are facebook and other forums but I think there would me more productive discussions on here if he disappeared.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't quite see it that way. For a start he doesn't dominate all the threads. He only posts extensively in this one and the US Election one.
    And I don't think he's trolling, I just think he's a bit unwell.

I don't think he's the reason, or a reason, that people don't join this place either. Surely people would mostly join this place to talk about Arsenal and NQ doesn't post in those sections that much, I just think the whole concept of messageboards has gone out of favour a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The cunts sent out the census last week.

The one I got starts, "We need your help..."

Then it goes on to say, "You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don't respond."

I wonder what it's all about? Them pretending they don't have all that information already. By signing it, are you entering into some ungodly contract with the bastards? Bit of a mystery, posing (as always) as reasonable, provided you don't actually apply reason.

I've always been tempted to wipe my arse in it and sent if back. But I always decide even that would be too much compliance.

Know your enemy.
    They don't have all the information.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately this is NQ's paranoia again.
    Back in the real world it's pretty obvious why they need this data. Clearly the starting point for providing services like schools, hospitals, roads and other infrastructure is knowing the size of the population you're providing it for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if they used the census to inform those decisions.

They don’t where it matters.

More money and investment up front and through the back door for Conservative seats and targets is the norm.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Hmm. OK, this is weird, because I basically agree. A virus with a mortality rate of 1% - and pretty much 0% if you're under 50, unless you have the infamous "underlying health conditions" - is not something worthy of shutting the entire country over. But if you look at the death rates and the hospital admissions (I could only find numbers for London for the latter), they are significantly higher than usual. It grew to 30% above average by Christmas and in mid Feb it was 42%. It has gone down since, but there was clearly "a situation" to be dealt with.
    Whether the response has been right is a different discussion and I agree it hasn't been. Hopefully things will get better this year.
    Isn't that why we built the Nightingale hospitals, which remained largely unused, to provide extra capacity required?

So you agree that its not serious for under 50 healthy people, how do you feel about the forced (in all but name) vaccination of said cohort?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Isn't that why we built the Nightingale hospitals, which remained largely unused, to provide extra capacity required?
    That's a pretty good point. I don't know why they weren't used given the capacity issues but maybe it never quite got bad enough to do that.
    But the death rate above the average is pretty clear, the winter we've had wasn't a usual flu season.

So you agree that its not serious for under 50 healthy people, how do you feel about the forced (in all but name) vaccination of said cohort?
    It's not a matter of agreement, the statistics are clear. If you're under 50 and healthy you're not going to die.
    You could get pretty ill I guess, but I don't know anyone who has been that seriously ill with it.
    I think making the vaccination mandatory - or as good as with "no jab, no job" policies - is bullshit. I don't understand this obsession with vaccinating with every single person. Surely you only need to vaccinate enough people to stop the high death rate and the hospitals being overburdened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That's a pretty good point. I don't know why they weren't used given the capacity issues but maybe it never quite got bad enough to do that.
    But the death rate above the average is pretty clear, the winter we've had wasn't a usual flu season.

It's not a matter of agreement, the statistics are clear. If you're under 50 and healthy you're not going to die.
    You could get pretty ill I guess, but I don't know anyone who has been that seriously ill with it.
    I think making the vaccination mandatory - or as good as with "no jab, no job" policies - is bullshit. I don't understand this obsession with vaccinating with every single person. Surely you only need to vaccinate enough people to stop the high death rate and the hospitals being overburdened.
    The government were heavily criticised early on in the pandemic for not being prepared for one and we all remember the issues with PPE etc.

So with teh Nightingale hospitals, they quickly set to work to build extra capacity in the hope they never needed it (although i think they were used a lot in some areas in the second wave) and i think that was the right decision.

If the hospitals had really run out of beds and then the governemnt built the hospitals, they would have been criticised for not being prepared. ALthough saying that, some have criticised now for wasting money on hospitals taht weren’t needed. On balance, better to have spent the money to have a hospital ready & not needed then not spent it and be in need