User Tag List

Page 510 of 707 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modelling predicts new Covid 'surge' with 'significant' number of deaths, Chris Whitty reveals

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-09/...whitty-reveals

Two more weeks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Modelling predicts new Covid 'surge' with 'significant' number of deaths, Chris Whitty reveals

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-09/...whitty-reveals

Two more weeks...
    Nobody elected Whitty. Worth considering, so people can finally refuse to see, bury their heads, pretend it's not happening - just what their "democracy" actually means. One giant con game. Played by fools who drag the rest of us down.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    What are you preparing for?
    Seriously? You look at now, then look back to one year ago. And you ask that question? How oblivious do you want to be? It's happening under your nose. Which bit do you want me to paint pictures for?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    He is preparing to put up more crap because people keep responding to his posts and he gets off on that. It would be better if people just ignore his posts. He is just a classic attention seeker - every time someone shows he is wrong about something, he just starts something else. And he will continue to do so. He switches between arguing one way and then another - anything to take a contrary viewpoint to keep the ball rolling.

Step back and take a look - he dominates all the threads in General Chat. I wonder why people don't join this forum any more. I know there are facebook and other forums but I think there would me more productive discussions on here if he disappeared.
    And your proof - cunt? I went about a year without posting here. Maybe more. Only cunts like you showed up. And you're claiming I'm the one who talks shit?

Yeah fucker - that's how you do it. IGNORE my posts. It's called free speech and free choice you commie fuck. I know you won't have a clue what I'm talking about, but - believe it or not - there are philosophies that extend beyond the butcheries of Joe Stalin.

Fuck off back to your rotting commune, you twat.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    They don't have all the information.
    You reckon?

So that annual poll tax bill doesn't get recorded? Or you home insurance, car insurance? Payroll records. Tax return. Or you application for a new passport or driving license? Credit card usage. Or your bank details, medical records, gym memberships, browsing history, social media account, mobile phone bill (which is a biggie) - all of that is carefully protected and never gets collated?

Well that's a huge relief.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    The government were heavily criticised early on in the pandemic for not being prepared for one and we all remember the issues with PPE etc.

So with teh Nightingale hospitals, they quickly set to work to build extra capacity in the hope they never needed it (although i think they were used a lot in some areas in the second wave) and i think that was the right decision.

If the hospitals had really run out of beds and then the governemnt built the hospitals, they would have been criticised for not being prepared. ALthough saying that, some have criticised now for wasting money on hospitals taht weren’t needed. On balance, better to have spent the money to have a hospital ready & not needed then not spent it and be in need
    We're shut down now to save the NHS from being overrun. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, etc.

So why shut down the extra capacity? With the extra capacity there's less chance of being overrun, right? Still with me?

It's because they didn't have the staff to man the extra capacity.

And they knew that.

So why build it?

So they could convince people who don't think that something is being done.

And so their friends could make some easy money at the expense of the taxpayer. These are exceptionally evil and duplicitous individuals, although I get the feeling you don't realise the obvious.

Well something can always be done. You can shit in your hand in response to any event. Whether it's conducive to the situation or even relevant is another matter entirely.

I think they rely on most people believing absolutely anything they are told. Which is where you come in.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I went about a year without posting here.
    Unusually, NQ is right here. He was banned for quite a while before he asked to come back.
    I actually think this place, certainly this section, was quieter and more boring during that time.
    Although I think NQ is wrong about pretty much everything, he gives us something to talk about.

Would be nice if he did so in a slightly less unpleasant way than he’s been doing of late though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously? You look at now, then look back to one year ago. And you ask that question? How oblivious do you want to be? It's happening under your nose. Which bit do you want me to paint pictures for?
    Why have the level of restrictions changed over time as the data has if this was a one way slide into a dystopian future?
    You seriously think the government want this level of restrictions in place long term?
    I don't think the government's response to this situation has been right, but there IS a situation going on and this IS a response to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You reckon?

So that annual poll tax bill doesn't get recorded? Or you home insurance, car insurance? Payroll records. Tax return. Or you application for a new passport or driving license? Credit card usage. Or your bank details, medical records, gym memberships, browsing history, social media account, mobile phone bill (which is a biggie) - all of that is carefully protected and never gets collated?

Well that's a huge relief.
    You understand that all those data points are held by many different private companies and public sector bodies?
    I'm sure some data is shared but there's a mess of systems which make a coherent view difficult.

Even within the same Council the data is not well organised - when we did our boy's school application we had to upload some documentation which we'd already uploaded into (in theory) the same system the year before when we applied for his nursery place. That tells me that even those two systems within the same Council which do more or less the same thing aren't joined up behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some general information.

13 years ago, or something like that, I sat in a room with two demons from Equifax. They spent their whole time boasting about how much information they had at their disposal and all the wonderful ways it could be used to make money, provided we paid them a lot of money.

They not only had every single piece of personal information you can conceive - even back then, when AI was a baby, they had systems that could mine that data and extrapolate it into a myriad of predictive outcomes, and not just related to marketing. And they could track you everywhere you went, even before the age of "smartphone" idiocy.

They lamented how the law was holding them back from doing some truly "wonderful" things. By which they meant the broad abuse of privacy and data ownership. If you check the law now you'll see that isn't a problem any more. And even where it is a problem, there's a nice little 10% system set up where corporations can break the law, make a tenner, and then kickback a quid to the government in penance. Naught boys, wrist slap. The banks do this every month, as they rig every market imaginable.

Around about the same time I met with BT. They explained how they were in the process of creating new biological processing and storage methods that would interact with the human brain - WITH OR WITHOUT THE CONSCIOUS INTERACTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL - relying on medically implanted components. A hard drive that records the mind, they called it. They seemed quite excited. Apparently it would allow disabled and blind people to live more normal lives, which seemed to be their cover story, but it also had huge implications for law and order, insurance risk, interview analysis, blah, they had a long list. Nutters? Or enthusiastic senior members of a profit hungry, no other concerns, corporation? IIRC the mainstream media released a piece about that recently, playing up the advantages to - hyou guessed right - disabled and blind people. Oh, I'm just SOOOOOOOOOO cynical, having heard their intentions from their own mouths.

Then there was a meeting with MicroSoft. That was boring. They tried to flog us an extremely expensive mail server which (as everyone knows) still doesn't work to this day. MicroSoft is like the Columbo of the tech world. They appear utterly incompetent in everything they do - and they are, at the consumer level. But they have a lot of shit going on behind the scenes and every piece of junk they release has a definite purpose.

Thomson Reuters. Did them too. Data collation was their bag. Unifying information into a single feed to prime every consumer organisation on the planet - the death of investigative journalism. Well that worked well for them, as we have seen. Back in the day we used to get the Reuter's feed on a 2K link. Now it virtually writes the story for you. And with recent exposures about the BBC and Reuters we can see they have some very influential sources indeed. The type of sources that stick their hand so far up your arse they can work your mouth. I used to work for Thomson before they were Reuters. I saw, first hand, how shit all their people were, "professionally" speaking, if you could ever have the cheek to apply that term to them. Dumbbells with powerful toys. And everyone buys.

And there were scores more. All on the same path. Information.

It all works on information.

If anyone thinks the politicians stood up to the corporations and protected our data, stick around while I prepare an unconvincing pitch. I have a bridge to sell you.

Or a census for you to complete. How quaint.
    Für eure Sicherheit