User Tag List

Page 512 of 707 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, it's an experimental drug. All the vaccines are still in the experimental stages, what logic is there in taking an experimental drug for something that very likely will not affect you in a great way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Still, it's an experimental drug. All the vaccines are still in the experimental stages, what logic is there in taking an experimental drug for something that very likely will not affect you in a great way?
    You weren’t there in the 90s man
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what logic is there in taking an experimental drug for something that very likely will not affect you in a great way?
    I think the argument goes that if you get it then you can spread it to other people who may be vulnerable.
    But if they've all been vaccinated then they aren't at risk anyway, so...
    I think the counter argument to that is that not everyone can be vaccinated and the vaccination is not 100% effective.

Overall, I don't understand the obsession with vaccinating every single person. If the vulnerable people AND the non-vulnerable who want to have the jab have it - which is most people, from the people I speak to - then doesn't that solve the problem enough that we can get on with our lives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need to get beyond this BS about it not being a big deal

in recent months i've heeard of quite a few cases of people either that i know or are clsoe to them who have either died or been seriously ill from COVID - they're not all older / vulnerable people either

i had doubts about the vaccine at first but when called i'll get it and be glad to do so.

as to the extent to which people are forced to have it, i'm not keen on too forceful a policy but equally anyone not having it needs to ask themselves why, when it's free and isn't a big deal other than feeling a little off for a day or two afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also the natural human immune system which, though old-fashioned and inexpensive, did work quite well for millennia. Somehow the human race survived before AstraZeneca was incorporated.

As part of the new science, can we please have breathalyser tests that read positive if you have been drunk in the last 28 days?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    There's also the natural human immune system which, though old-fashioned and inexpensive, did work quite well for millennia
    Well, it did. But there's no doubt that vaccines have, overall, had a positive effect on people's health and life expectancy.
    The difference with Covid though is that many of the vaccines we have as a child are for diseases which are dangerous to children. Covid isn't. It isn't that dangerous for adults actually unless you're old or ill.
    So while I don't agree with your general stance on vaccines, I don't understand why anyone but the most vulnerable should have the Covid vaccine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search for "Doctors for Ethics Covid" on Google.

The search on DuckDuckGo. Then Bing.

Google has finally achieved 100% untrustworthiness.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, it did. But there's no doubt that vaccines have, overall, had a positive effect on people's health and life expectancy.
    The difference with Covid though is that many of the vaccines we have as a child are for diseases which are dangerous to children. Covid isn't. It isn't that dangerous for adults actually unless you're old or ill.
    So while I don't agree with your general stance on vaccines, I don't understand why anyone but the most vulnerable should have the Covid vaccine.
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...re-at-risk-too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely bonkers that people still believe anything coming out of Johns Hopkins.

Let's see if all the kids who just went back to school die. If they don't all die, would you at least be prepared to accept the possibility they aren't all dead?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    There's also the natural human immune system which, though old-fashioned and inexpensive, did work quite well for millennia. Somehow the human race survived before AstraZeneca was incorporated.

As part of the new science, can we please have breathalyser tests that read positive if you have been drunk in the last 28 days?
    Yes, the human race has survived using its tried and tested for millennia.

Albeit with a life expectancy of 35.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.