User Tag List

Page 52 of 707 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man assaulted by thugs for going about his lawful business. Admittedly an unpleasant man, but that has no bearing.

A Merseyside police spokesperson said: 'We can confirm a 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of operating a non-essential business following inquiries in Thatto Heath on Thursday March 26.
    "arrested on suspicion of operating a non-essential business"

Think about that for a moment.

Some individual somewhere has applied ink to a piece of paper that now states, without the intervention or even consultation of the citizenry, that working to feed yourself and your family is illegal. Not unlawful, mind you. Because these draconian ACTS (not laws) could never pass that test in a legally administered and civilised society.

I was all for voluntary self-isolation, but not this authoritarian shit. As usual, some police proving they are thick headed tax collectors and unthinking thugs as opposed to peace officers who are part of the community. The enemy. Not all of them. Not even most of them. I've never come across a bad copper in my town. But the few give the many a bad name and they make bad things happen.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Before the Guardian removed it
    Indeed. The BBC are saying something similar:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-52124004

The death of a 21-year-old woman has been recorded as being caused by coronavirus, a coroner's office said.
    Chloe Middleton was taken to A&E at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, Berkshire where she was pronounced dead on 19 March.
    The coroner's service said Ms Middleton's death certificate stated her cause of death as "Covid-19".
    But it also says:

But the BBC understands she was not tested for the disease while in hospital.
    and

Her death was very sad but as she had a natural cause of death, involvement by the coroner was not required and the hospital issued a death certificate, recording her cause of death as Covid-19. "There was no post-mortem examination or inquest. We must now respect the privacy of her family and cannot provide any further information."
    So what's the truth, here? It's all a bit confusing. Honestly...we don't know. You don't know. I don't know.
    The difference between us is you seem to think you are uniquely plugged in to "the truth". I'm a bit more honest in admitting I don't know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "arrested on suspicion of operating a non-essential business"
    Was talking to a colleague yesterday who got his hair cut at a barber's which was, get this, OPEN!!
    Might call the police tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Indeed. The BBC are saying something similar:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-52124004

But it also says:

and

So what's the truth, here? It's all a bit confusing. Honestly...we don't know. You don't know. I don't know.
    The difference between us is you seem to think you are uniquely plugged in to "the truth". I'm a bit more honest in admitting I don't know.
    Please! The facts of the story are completely irrelevant, that's the whole point! The screaming headline, 21 year old dead from coronavirus, youngest patient, blah. That's the fakery. A "news" organisation is supposed to deliver news. Not deliberately shape the public perception. When a self-proclaimed news agency, instead of delivering news starts using news to shape perception it is not a news agency, it is a propaganda agency. A pithy way of stating it is - BBC fake news. This story, coupled with a thousand more going all the way back in living memory confirm beyond all doubt that the BBC is a fake news agency. How anyone could argue against that self evident reality is stunning. Not just them, all of them.

Then yesterday Sky News starts flicking up images of the dead in a macabre collage, and there she is, the 21 year old, whatever the facts turn out to be (because nobody cares about those) she's now part of the graphics treat on fake news Sky News.

We're more subtle over here than the US. Over there the news is like getting hit in the face with a speeding truck. It's WWE. Here, it's more like VAR. Sometimes they call it. Other times they gloss over it. Other times they overrule your lying eyes. On occasion, when they've already won the match so it doesn't matter, they overcompensate in the interests of actual news, so they can say, see, see, we're trustworthy. Clever stuff.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was talking to a colleague yesterday who got his hair cut at a barber's which was, get this, OPEN!!
    Might call the police tbh.
    They should give out rewards to "good citizens" who grass on their neighbours. Don't see why we shouldn't get rewards when even the East Germans could manage it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please! The facts of the story are completely irrelevant.
    What a silly thing to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a silly thing to say.
    Did you actually read my post? Because to come up with a response like that strongly suggests you didn't. Or maybe you read that far and decided anything further giving context would be counterproductive to your main aims. The latter demonstrating precisely what we are discussing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you actually read my post?
    Yes. But obviously facts are the key thing here. This

"21 year old dead from coronavirus, youngest patient, blah. That's the fakery".

It's only fakery if what they're saying is not true. Facts are the key thing here. What the facts are...well, that's not easy to determine.
    The truth is neither of us know what the facts are here.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Plans to ramp up testing'.

Sounds a lot like us in the transfer market.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covid-19 has taken down Eddie Large.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52136768

Although it doesn't mention Coronavirus on the main article, it does on their live ticker.