Have bowed to peer pressure and booked my first jab for Sunday
    #prayforletters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to fake a pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzec2ivd6MQ

More and more science is escaping into the new normal. Can science make a comeback? Can it be great again?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except...

Ireland hasn't been particularly badly hit. It's not in the top 40 in the world in terms of deaths per million.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And it's a bit disingenuous just considering 2020 data when, like in the UK, many of the deaths were in 2021

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...untry/ireland/

And Ireland are a small country in terms of population, which does skew the numbers somewhat. Also, I've been focusing on deaths a bit as it's the easiest thing to find stats on. But long Covid is a thing too. I know of a few people (more friends of friends, no-one directly) who have had that and are really struggling physically when they weren't before. I'm not talking about old people.

So this is definitely a thing. Not a piles of bodies in the street thing, but a situation which I'd say demanded a response even if I think the response has been mostly wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can have long covid, because The Science. But we can't have a death toll caused by the hysterical response to covid, because... not The Science.

But I agree, we should ignore the data from Ireland because... The Science.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do stop straw manning.
    My point is he's looking at data in 2020 in a country which wasn't, overall, that badly affected by the pandemic.
    And over half the deaths from/with Covid in Ireland were in 2021, so ignoring those is a bit disingenuous.

If his point is that Ireland shouldn't have reacted so hysterically then from the data he's showing he's probably right. And I don't think the UK should have either, but given the data I've seen there was clearly something going on which was significantly worse than a regular flu season last year and this, something which demanded a response. That doesn't mean I think the response was right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Do stop straw manning.
    My point is he's looking at data in 2020 in a country which wasn't, overall, that badly affected by the pandemic.
    And over half the deaths from/with Covid in Ireland were in 2021, so ignoring those is a bit disingenuous.

If his point is that Ireland shouldn't have reacted so hysterically then from the data he's showing he's probably right. And I don't think the UK should have either, but given the data I've seen there was clearly something going on which was significantly worse than a regular flu season last year and this, something which demanded a response. That doesn't mean I think the response was right.
    This is about science and fraud and hype, not about geography. It doesn't matter (in context) if they had no covid, some covid or are all dead from covid. It matters that the state and mainstream media can hype and fake data to such an alarming degree and then bring in draconian legislation on the back of it. It matters that science has been subverted so we can have our so-called pandemic.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of that is fair, but just because the reaction in Ireland has been way out of proportion to the situation, that doesn't mean that there hasn't been a more serious situation in some other countries, like the UK when the uptick in deaths (according to the ONS) has been pretty significant. And I don't think the response has been right here, but the data I'm looking at tells me there's a situation which needed dealing with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Some of that is fair, but just because the reaction in Ireland has been way out of proportion to the situation, that doesn't mean that there hasn't been a more serious situation in some other countries, like the UK when the uptick in deaths (according to the ONS) has been pretty significant. And I don't think the response has been right here, but the data I'm looking at tells me there's a situation which needed dealing with.
    How do you know those deaths weren't caused by the lockdowns, or by other respiratory diseases that have had to take a back seat in the new normal medicine? There's no proper analysis being done. Everything is just being lumped on the Covid pile, and there's an increasing queue forming for a bumper pay day (or pay year, or pay for the rest of eternity in the case of the vaccine pushers). Science considers as much of the picture as can be determined (and hypothesis can allow for even the parts that are unknown, a safety margin if you like). It doesn't make narrow assumptions and then concoct grand theories and strategies based on those assumptions. But that's precisely what has happened with global warming and now global medicine. This is a very serious issue, far more serious than Russians running Facebook adverts or the seating arrangements of the royal family. We know we can't trust our leaders, we know we can't trust our media - or at least we should know something so obvious. But if we lose science too then what exactly is left that might be used to describe our society as advanced and progressive? There will be a steep price to pay for this bullshit. There are things that are easy to break but almost impossible to fix.

This is how civilisations collapse.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Civilisations collapse when people refuse to accept facts and reason and just peddle their own prejudices ad infinitum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Civilisations collapse when people refuse to accept facts and reason and just peddle their own prejudices ad infinitum
    Rather civilisations collapse when people simply follow the dictates of authority while being led to their own nadir. Tell us of 1 society that collapsed because its people asked too many questions
    Make 2mrw better than 2day