User Tag List

Page 544 of 707 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covid 3: The Triple Mutation, is all systems go. Maybe the climate playbook is being rewritten following the catastrophic collapse of all the hysterical scare models?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Covid 3: The Triple Mutation, is all systems go. Maybe the climate playbook is being rewritten following the catastrophic collapse of all the hysterical scare models?
    Talking of being hysterical...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel a lot better today, if anyone cares.
    Had an early night and slept a lot better than I did the previous night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We care!

As mentioned by Dr Chippy yesterday, normally after 48 hours, symptoms normally lessen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, MrsL had hers on a Sunday too and was mostly fine by the Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know those deaths weren't caused by the lockdowns, or by other respiratory diseases that have had to take a back seat in the new normal medicine? There's no proper analysis being done. Everything is just being lumped on the Covid pile, and there's an increasing queue forming for a bumper pay day (or pay year, or pay for the rest of eternity in the case of the vaccine pushers). Science considers as much of the picture as can be determined (and hypothesis can allow for even the parts that are unknown, a safety margin if you like). It doesn't make narrow assumptions and then concoct grand theories and strategies based on those assumptions. But that's precisely what has happened with global warming and now global medicine. This is a very serious issue, far more serious than Russians running Facebook adverts or the seating arrangements of the royal family. We know we can't trust our leaders, we know we can't trust our media - or at least we should know something so obvious. But if we lose science too then what exactly is left that might be used to describe our society as advanced and progressive? There will be a steep price to pay for this bullshit. There are things that are easy to break but almost impossible to fix.

This is how civilisations collapse.
    This deserved a response. Sorry, I did mean to.

I do think deaths will be caused by lockdowns - it will have caused missed diagnoses and there's the mental health toll. And businesses closing because of it could push more people in to poverty which is always linked with excess deaths. But I'd suggest these are all longer term things, I don't think you can explain as big an uptick in deaths as has been recorded in 2020 that way. As for other respiratory diseases, I guess that comes back to how reliable the Covid tests are. And generally PCR tests seem to be thought reliable in the medical community if you use them correctly. If your argument is they're not using them right then I come back to the correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths. As I've said, if you think the government and the ONS are publishing incorrect or fraudulent data then all bets are off, but the data I'm seeing tallies with the reality I see around me. No, there aren't piles of bodies in the street, but I know of people who have died from it, I know people directly who have got quite ill for quite a long time with it. There is something going on right now. I also know people who have got it and barely noticed, it does seem to be something which affects people differently and age is a big factor in that. But it is a real thing. I saw the thing about the situation going on in India on the BBC. So I asked a colleague there if they were OK. She didn't say "What are you talking about? Everything is fine here", her experience is that there is a situation going on over there as reported.
    Your issue with the media and politicians and science seems to be bound up in your general world view that malicious intent exists everywhere you look. And maybe I'm too far the other way, but there is a middle ground. You've said that you think that people are, in general, decent. But scientists, medical professionals, people working in labs doing PCR tests, people working for the BBC and other media outlets - these are all ordinary people. Even most politicians are. I think that most of them get into it for the right reasons even if a lot of them do end up becoming corrupt and self-serving.

I've consistently agreed with you that the government's response has been largely wrong, but there is a situation going on which demanded a response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Talking of being hysterical...
    Don't you even keep up with your own bullshit news? The new, triple strength improved formula is not from my imagining. That's not a marketing slogan created by me. Go take a look at some of the BBC tour material.

That's twice in 24 hours you took the piss out of somebody because of how uninformed YOU are. It's embarrassing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This deserved a response. Sorry, I did mean to.

I do think deaths will be caused by lockdowns - it will have caused missed diagnoses and there's the mental health toll. And businesses closing because of it could push more people in to poverty which is always linked with excess deaths. But I'd suggest these are all longer term things, I don't think you can explain as big an uptick in deaths as has been recorded in 2020 that way. As for other respiratory diseases, I guess that comes back to how reliable the Covid tests are. And generally PCR tests seem to be thought reliable in the medical community if you use them correctly. If your argument is they're not using them right then I come back to the correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths. As I've said, if you think the government and the ONS are publishing incorrect or fraudulent data then all bets are off, but the data I'm seeing tallies with the reality I see around me. No, there aren't piles of bodies in the street, but I know of people who have died from it, I know people directly who have got quite ill for quite a long time with it. There is something going on right now. I also know people who have got it and barely noticed, it does seem to be something which affects people differently and age is a big factor in that. But it is a real thing. I saw the thing about the situation going on in India on the BBC. So I asked a colleague there if they were OK. She didn't say "What are you talking about? Everything is fine here", her experience is that there is a situation going on over there as reported.
    Your issue with the media and politicians and science seems to be bound up in your general world view that malicious intent exists everywhere you look. And maybe I'm too far the other way, but there is a middle ground. You've said that you think that people are, in general, decent. But scientists, medical professionals, people working in labs doing PCR tests, people working for the BBC and other media outlets - these are all ordinary people. Even most politicians are. I think that most of them get into it for the right reasons even if a lot of them do end up becoming corrupt and self-serving.

I've consistently agreed with you that the government's response has been largely wrong, but there is a situation going on which demanded a response.
    Well fuck me. I can't spot a single misrepresentation of my position or what I have said. Nor can I detect any grandstanding or thinly veiled mockery. Nor do I see any parroting of the mainstream talking points. I see one, harmless, misunderstanding of my position, or mild exaggeration maybe but without malicious intent. But mainly a considered, personal opinion that is relevant to the issues I raised and offers its own counterpoints that are rational, plausible and sincere.

This appears to be a foundation on which a reasonable debate could occur. But there is so much to talk about it's almost overwhelming.

This deserves an equally considered response but not today, because work. But, until I get to it, have a think on this.

People like Stan Kroenke do exist. They are not evil in the biblical sense, they don't sport horns and tails. In their own minds they convince themselves their consuming self interest is aligned with the public interest or the greater good. And they have enough power and influence to bend the reality of millions regardless of the individual or collective desires of those they prey upon. Kroenke, is merely a billionaire, a small fish by modern standards.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you even keep up with your own bullshit news? The new, triple strength improved formula is not from my imagining. That's not a marketing slogan created by me. Go take a look at some of the BBC tour material.

That's twice in 24 hours you took the piss out of somebody because of how uninformed YOU are. It's embarrassing.
    everything you say is laced with hysteria - the way you connect your conspiracy theories about covid to your conspiracy theries about climate change in the post i responded to for example - i'm surprised you didn't manage to asqueeze Biden in there too, your game's clearly slipping....

as you point out, I rarely take you seriously at all and why should i when you blatantly start from an extremist position and cherry pick any 'facts' you can to support it, then abuse anyone who disagrees with you?

i simply don't have Letters' admirable patience with the heavily biased hate-filled rubbish you come out with