User Tag List

Page 559 of 707 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609659 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like it could be delayed with a couple of weeks. I can live with that if it means it mitigates the chances of a 3rd wave and gives a couple more weeks for more people to have their 2nd jab.
    Agree that a whole second summer with the economy being shafted isn't a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d actually be surprised if they went ahead with June 21st, all the signs are pointing to a short extension. I would be hugely gutted because I’ve got my mates wedding and stag which I’m best man for.

Can imagine there will be quite an uproar. The weather is nice, most people are mixing indoors and outdoors anyway, hospitality is booming again, jabs are going well, event crowds are back, what are we waiting for?

I’m prepared to wait for travel as that’s more complicated but we have to get on with our lives now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’d actually be surprised if they went ahead with June 21st, all the signs are pointing to a short extension. I would be hugely gutted because I’ve got my mates wedding and stag which I’m best man for.

Can imagine there will be quite an uproar. The weather is nice, most people are mixing indoors and outdoors anyway, hospitality is booming again, jabs are going well, event crowds are back, what are we waiting for?

I’m prepared to wait for travel as that’s more complicated but we have to get on with our lives now.
    i think that's the problem - like i said before there's been all this hype about Freedom Day that I think there will be real trouble if it's delayed

tbh at this stage the medical science goes out of the window and they just need to go ahead with it or face civil disorder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'd get away with delaying it a few weeks. There would be a shitstorm if they try and lock people up all summer, that isn't going to fly.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh.

I get not having international travel to god knows where from god knows where. But the vast vast vast vast majority of the deaths and hospitalisations are now vaccinated. If there are concerns over a spike either the vaccines don't work, or this was all for nothing, no? If it's for variant African1Alpha5 well then it's never gonna end. If certain people don't want to be vaccinated then fair play to them, but why should I sit here diddling myself for any longer?

I actually kinda like things the way they are now. Table service does me, being able to sit down does me, never been one for clubs, shops not being rammed, I can sit down inside a pub, so an extra couple of weeks really won't bother me. I've worked from the office the entire time, and the people are coming in now are sound. If anything, the ones who will come back are the fuckers I don't want to speak to. Only difference is whereas I used to love wearing a suit, now there's no reason not to let people where jeans and a smart polo most of the time.

I can even stomach them being overly cautious, except that it goes completely against them taking an age to put India on the red list when it was obvious it was a cluster fuck over there because it didn't suit them. The dickheads crying because they booked Portugal can fuck off. They knew they were taking a risk now they expect everyone to give a fuck because they'd have to isolate? Fuck off.

All in all though, I'm fucking tired of this shit. Although I'll still maintain Lockdown #1; looking back it was awful but it did let me get some shit in order so maybe it actually wasn't that bad.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 08-06-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sooner we can get rid of these poxy masks the better.

Then i can actually read on the tube again without my glasses steaming up the whole time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post

Tbh.

I get not having international travel to god knows where from god knows where. But the vast vast vast vast majority of the deaths and hospitalisations are now vaccinated. If there are concerns over a spike either the vaccines don't work, or this was all for nothing, no? If it's for variant African1Alpha5 well then it's never gonna end. If certain people don't want to be vaccinated then fair play to them, but why should I sit here diddling myself for any longer?

I actually kinda like things the way they are now. Table service does me, being able to sit down does me, never been one for clubs, shops not being rammed, I can sit down inside a pub, so an extra couple of weeks really won't bother me. I've worked from the office the entire time, and the people are coming in now are sound. If anything, the ones who will come back are the fuckers I don't want to speak to. Only difference is whereas I used to love wearing a suit, now there's no reason not to let people where jeans and a smart polo most of the time.

I can even stomach them being overly cautious, except that it goes completely against them taking an age to put India on the red list when it was obvious it was a cluster fuck over there because it didn't suit them. The dickheads crying because they booked Portugal can fuck off. They knew they were taking a risk now they expect everyone to give a fuck because they'd have to isolate? Fuck off.

All in all though, I'm fucking tired of this shit. Although I'll still maintain Lockdown #1; looking back it was awful but it did let me get some shit in order so maybe it actually wasn't that bad.
    yes i was thinking the same about it being nice if they kept some of the things like table service.

thing is, it must cost them more to have the staff, so i doubt it, although equally it would be a draw to some people i suspect and works particularly well for pubs with gardens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    The sooner we can get rid of these poxy masks the better.

Then i can actually read on the tube again without my glasses steaming up the whole time

I hate the things although I understand the reason for them and don’t deny they help reduce transmission.

I’ll never understand people walking down the road with them on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I hate the things although I understand the reason for them and don’t deny they help reduce transmission.

I’ll never understand people walking down the road with them on.
    The only time I wear them walking down the road is when i get off the tube & head to Pret as cant be bothered taking it off & on again.

Otherwise i agree. I get the reason just hate them especially in this heat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 weeks to flatten the curve.

You can trust them - they're doctors.
    Für eure Sicherheit