User Tag List

Page 563 of 707 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565573613663 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m interested to know what you think this is really all about.
    The restrictions have consistently changed as the data has.
    All they’ve done recently is delay the complete relaxation of things because of the uptick in cases.
    That hasn’t led to deaths yet but there is always a lag and Boris is clearly trying to make the relaxation a one way thing this time and not have to reimpose restrictions.
    So a delay of a few weeks while they vaccinate more people makes some sense.
    It’s not a big imposition, pretty much everything is open now.

The real test will be this autumn and winter. That’s when we’ll see how effective the vaccine really is.

As I said above, I spoke to an ICU doctor recently, he’s never seen anything like this before. The hospitals were full, he was routinely having to tell relatives bad news in a way he’s never had to before. And in the second wave the people in hospital were often in their 40s and 50s.
    None of that is MSM spin, it came from someone who has worked on the front line throughout this.
    And of course he’s had the vaccine.

Of course certain people have exploited the situation, that will always happen. But denying there was a situation to be dealt with is not an option. Whether it’s been dealt with in the right way, that’s a different discussion. My take is that the government have reacted too slowly to things and that’s caused a lot of unnecessary deaths. But the vaccine rollout has been pretty much spot on so they can have that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    denying there was a situation to be dealt with is not an option. .
    actually technically, the act of denying it is an option, although one only pursued by moronic 'libertarians' who have zero grasp of logic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    actually technically, the act of denying it is an option, although one only pursued by moronic 'libertarians' who have zero grasp of logic
    I don’t think NQ denies it’s a thing.
    I think (he can correct me if I’m misrepresenting him) he denies the seriousness of it.
    But looking at the data, I can’t agree.
    And my conversation with that ICU Doctor who has been at the front line of all this does nothing to make me rethink my position. My position being that this was and is a serious situation which demanded a response, but that the government’s response has been ham-fisted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the news this morning, it seems the government are considering allowing those who have had two jabs to go on holiday to amber list countries without having to quarantine on return to UK.

In principle, this is a sensible policy purely because if we cant have freedoms back using the vaccine then what’s the point?

However, while in principle it is a sensible policy, in reality its a completely unfair policy on those mainly under 30. The reason being is they are the ones who have given up the most to protect the elderly and are at the back of the queue for vaccines because they are lowest risk. For the government to then bring in a policy which allows those who are older to start going and having summer holidays while the young have to wait because they are not fully vaccinated (through no fault of their own, we have seen the young signing up for vaccines en masse when they are allowed) this would be deeply unfair.

Especially so at the moment given there is nowhere on the green list that are realistic tourist destinations bar Israel (probably not with the bombings going on ) or Gilbralter. So suddenly if everyone double jabbed flies off to Spain, US, France, Italy etc and all the young are limited to the green list then how does the government think they will get the young complying with restrictions in future? Although this policy may work if most tourist destinations are on the green list such as Spain, France etc and a few on the amber but currently that is not the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting documentary / propaganda piece (depending on your world view) on the vaccine last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...al-the-vaccine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had my second jab.
    Pleased to have it over with. Generally with the AZ one the symptoms afterwards are less bad.
    I guess I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No side effects at all this time
    I've heard that about the AZ one, the first one is worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had no side effects the second time either, although the first time was pretty non-existent too

Bill says hi btw...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's looking good for July 19th but by the winter the Flu will be making a comeback https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57552793

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had AZ. Felt like death after my first one. Nowt on the second though.