User Tag List

Page 564 of 707 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just the other day he was boasting about not being a gullible fuck.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And just the other day he was boasting about not being a gullible fuck.
    what's up? evidence and stats not good enough for you when they don't say what you want them to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is slightly where the UK’s genuine world class testing & sequencing is coming back to bite us.

We test way more then Europe does and we also sequence significantly higher amounts of positive tests which allows us to not only pick up new variants quickly but also track where they are in the country.

Of course, the more we test the more it appears we are out of control with the virus. We have seen France & Germany demand this eeek that uk are banned from the EU due to high case numbers.

But some mitigation here, back in January in the second wave, we were reporting 60k cases a day and around 1500 deaths a day. Germany, France, Italy all had similar daily deaths but only around 10k cases a day. So either they have an extremely deadly variant or they actually had no idea of the true spread because they don’t test or sequence.

I remember reading a few months ago that the uk sequences around 50% of positive tests & places like France were barely 1% so they can’t quite tell how widespread things actually are.

There was an argument made that the Kent variant wasn’t actually from Kent but in the EU but just picked up here as we sequence etc.

My point being here is that yes our numbers are going up, our government are a liability but when the EU etc start worrying about our numbers, they don’t know the true extent of their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    This is slightly where the UK’s genuine world class testing & sequencing is coming back to bite us.

We test way more then Europe does and we also sequence significantly higher amounts of positive tests which allows us to not only pick up new variants quickly but also track where they are in the country.

Of course, the more we test the more it appears we are out of control with the virus. We have seen France & Germany demand this eeek that uk are banned from the EU due to high case numbers.

But some mitigation here, back in January in the second wave, we were reporting 60k cases a day and around 1500 deaths a day. Germany, France, Italy all had similar daily deaths but only around 10k cases a day. So either they have an extremely deadly variant or they actually had no idea of the true spread because they don’t test or sequence.

I remember reading a few months ago that the uk sequences around 50% of positive tests & places like France were barely 1% so they can’t quite tell how widespread things actually are.

There was an argument made that the Kent variant wasn’t actually from Kent but in the EU but just picked up here as we sequence etc.

My point being here is that yes our numbers are going up, our government are a liability but when the EU etc start worrying about our numbers, they don’t know the true extent of their own.
    sure that's fair, i've added a few more here - EU, Netherlands, France and amusingly NZ which is rock bottom right the way through unsurprisingly.

apart from them though everyone is in a very similar place although again that could be down to our more developed testing system.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...on~FRA~NLD~NZL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    sure that's fair, i've added a few more here - EU, Netherlands, France and amusingly NZ which is rock bottom right the way through unsurprisingly.

apart from them though everyone is in a very similar place although again that could be down to our more developed testing system.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...on~FRA~NLD~NZL
    Fair comments.

Just had a look at this map https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...smoothed-7-day

We seem to be doing 14 tests per thousand which compared to the larger EU counties is significantly higher hence why our cases will look worse. Although Denmark, Austria test more per thousand then we do.

The fact we test more & sequence more meaning we discover trends/variants quicker make it easy for some to use it to attack the UK. It doesn’t help that we have an incompetent government which helps the image that it’s going wrong but if the EU keep thinking their numbers are better, they could be in for a shock. As I said in the second wave this year, they had similar death tolls per day but significantly less cases. It just shows the the UK ha e actually got both the testing & sequencing as wel as vaccination right which is highly impressive especially as both were started from scratch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Cases is not a good metric. There is a correlation between Cases, Hospitalisations and Deaths.
    That was clear over the last winter.

The question is whether the vaccination programme has broken that correlation. If not then we're all a bit screwed really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. Cases is not a good metric. There is a correlation between Cases, Hospitalisations and Deaths.
    That was clear over the last winter.

The question is whether the vaccination programme has broken that correlation. If not then we're all a bit screwed really.
    If you look at this one, https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...TA~IND~FRA~ESP

It’s on deaths, UK is way down at the bottom compared to Germany, France etc.

Yet the case one Mac showed put UK way up. As you say, cases not the best way to tell.

It also shows my point that the EU is not quite as ahead of the game as they think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    If you look at this one, https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...TA~IND~FRA~ESP

It’s on deaths, UK is way down at the bottom compared to Germany, France etc.

Yet the case one Mac showed put UK way up. As you say, cases not the best way to tell.

It also shows my point that the EU is not quite as ahead of the game as they think
    i jsut put it up (all too casually i admit) because it's the one doing the rounds, but good poiint on the deaths stat