User Tag List

Page 566 of 707 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the affair is nonsense, who really cares about that? It’s a personal matter.

Got to abide by the rules though, especially when they’re your own!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah the affair is nonsense, who really cares about that? It’s a personal matter.

Got to abide by the rules though, especially when they’re your own!
    I expect the lady will dump him too now not to mention the cold meat dinners waiting for him at home
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Did Bill Gates tell you that?
    Look it up cunt chops. This is the sort of shit you buy every day.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Handjob ruins the lives of millions, no apology let alone resignation - or death, which is what should have been administered.

Instead, fucks some tart - he has to go. And all the wise observers who missed every card in the deck until this one got laid are there with their tuppence.

Yes, humans are doomed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes, humans are doomed.
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/anti-...t-it-14831575/

Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i think we should be open already, i see the government have failed to learn any lessons from their poor messaging going all the way back to march 2020.

Both Johnson & Javid have said that they see no reason to delay 19th July reopening but then again, Johnson said repeatedly that there was nothing in the data to delay 21st June until he had a press conference where he delayed 21st June so safe to say we can ignore anything he says.

However what the government are not doing is preparing the public for what is an acceptable level of risk. By that i mean, we are never going to go to zero Covid, so what level is going to be acceptable. Let’s take recent figures (rounded for ease) where roughly 10 deaths a day & 1000 in hospital at any one time. The country can cope with that even if there are 80,000 cases a day. The governemnt needto be clearer in what level is acceptable.

The reason for that is that yesterday there was around 23k cases (3 deaths though) so while the headline case numbers look bad, they seem to be mild cases that dont lead to hospital and/or death. Clearly shows the vaccines work. HOwever, the I newspaper reports that if current rates continue then on 19th july, we will be having around 80,000 cases a day. We have already seen several EU leaders try to ban Brits because htey claim our cases are out of control (despite data showing that deaths/hopsitalitions are higher in those EU countries with lower case rates) so the government need to get their messaging sorted and quickly.

If they dont, the media etc will be campaigning to keep lockdown going as too many cases etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points. The way the figures are being presented provides nobody with a way to make a calculated and informed assessment of risk. All we're getting is data without information. We need meaningful measures that clearly articulate where we are against what we want to achieve.

One of the worst communications is on vaccinations. We get big 8 figure numbers that tell us almost nothing. They should be accompanied by information that tells us where we want to be in respect of:
    1. the vaccination percentage
    2. why that percentage figure is important
    3. the impact of meeting/not meeting that measure
    4. the daily progression in vaccinations and whether this is good enough
    5. remedial action planned for when we fall short

Only by provision of time, transparent and meaningful information can we truly make informed decisions and assessment of risk to decide what we can and can't accept.

But this is never going to happen and it is disgusting that we are not provided with the information we need to make good choices within our daily lives. I have a 15 month old nephew wo I haven't seen yet, with no likely indication of when (I'm even starting to fear 'if') I will ever meet him. Others have faced far worse: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-57503382

I accept the need to manage the risk, but I reject the lack of transparency and the communication of raw data that is designed to alarm rather than inform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Handjob ruins the lives of millions, no apology let alone resignation - or death, which is what should have been administered.

Instead, fucks some tart - he has to go. And all the wise observers who missed every card in the deck until this one got laid are there with their tuppence.

Yes, humans are doomed.
    Good point actually
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter