Page 567 of 707 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    That would happen in every town and city on a Friday night. Why is it newsworthy? Are we meant to feel sympathy for a piece of shit like Witty?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't see how clickbait from the Metro comic addresses the issue. Maybe it's just a blunt force effort to distract from a basic truth that's unpleasant and embarrassing for some people to contemplate? Or maybe it's just more trivia that reinforces the initial criticism? Whatever.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the state pretends the covid farce is coming to a conclusion their indoctrination camps (laughingly referred to as schools) press ahead with the insanity. Mass testing, isolation, endless bullshit urging kids to be afraid and stuck in masks for hours on end. There's no let up. The only thing they've dropped is the pretence of providing an education.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That would happen in every town and city on a Friday night. Why is it newsworthy? Are we meant to feel sympathy for a piece of shit like Witty?
    Sure but it doesn’t mean accosting someone like that is acceptable. If some pissed up twats did that to me while I was minding my own business I’m pretty sure I’d be offering them out for a straightener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Sure but it doesn’t mean accosting someone like that is acceptable. If some pissed up twats did that to me while I was minding my own business I’m pretty sure I’d be offering them out for a straightener.
    Same here. Just wondering how such trivial shit ever makes it into the public information space when so much else is left unreported and unsaid.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Good points. The way the figures are being presented provides nobody with a way to make a calculated and informed assessment of risk. All we're getting is data without information. We need meaningful measures that clearly articulate where we are against what we want to achieve.

One of the worst communications is on vaccinations. We get big 8 figure numbers that tell us almost nothing. They should be accompanied by information that tells us where we want to be in respect of:
    1. the vaccination percentage
    2. why that percentage figure is important
    3. the impact of meeting/not meeting that measure
    4. the daily progression in vaccinations and whether this is good enough
    5. remedial action planned for when we fall short

Only by provision of time, transparent and meaningful information can we truly make informed decisions and assessment of risk to decide what we can and can't accept.

But this is never going to happen and it is disgusting that we are not provided with the information we need to make good choices within our daily lives. I have a 15 month old nephew wo I haven't seen yet, with no likely indication of when (I'm even starting to fear 'if') I will ever meet him. Others have faced far worse: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-57503382

I accept the need to manage the risk, but I reject the lack of transparency and the communication of raw data that is designed to alarm rather than inform.
    Hmm i think the information on the vaccines is pretty good. We get daily figures provided that show amount of new 1st & 2nd doses and where that leaves populiaton. Believe its around 80% of adults with one jab & 60% with two.

They have also said that all adults will be offered a vaccine by end of this month and so far, nothing to say that will not happen and safe to assume I think that almost all will have second doses as well.

I think i read that if all adults are vaccinated, that is around 60% of the total population so yes some of your questions are perfectly sensible of what number is needed and how to plan to ensure all new over 18s sign up for their jabs as they get to that age over hte next year.

But so far, i think teh information on the vaccine roll out is quite good? I think a more pressing issue is that the government need to answer how many cases per day is acceptable & deaths etc. We could have (using an extreme example) 250k cases a day but if only 10 people go to hospital from it then clearly that is acceptable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think they data they're publishing is pretty clear

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Looking at that it does look like the correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths has been broken which is surely the key to a complete removal of restrictions.
    The big test will be this winter of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have been more clear. The figures communicated by the news bulletins are what I'm commenting on and if Ministers are making announcements based upon the data.gov site, there seems to be no correlation between what can be extrapolated from it and what they actually say or do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 months in Mexico almost up, have to leave soon, did think maybe coming home for a bit since I do technically have a ticket but again seems to be getting worse with the very real possibility of getting stuck there. Also still with this 3 test bullshit, no thanks!

The more I'm out here and living life the more I realise this is a fake pandemic in case it wasn't clear already.

WAKE UP!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your “it isn’t affecting me therefore it’s fake” schtick continues to be poor logic.
    If you look back a few pages you’ll find me recounting a conversation I had with an ICU doctor and his wife, a GP. People who have actually been on the front line in all this. I’m going to take their experiences and opinions on it all a bit more seriously than yours.