Page 572 of 707 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd already seen it

I've heard good things about his climate change one, might give that a go too.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh

Came up as a suggestion - thanks, YouTube algorithm. Watched a few of them now. The climate change one is good - he exposes how dishonest some of the counter-arguments are, cherry picking bits of data and ignoring the overall longer trend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ι’ve just returned from Iceland. I appreciate there are a number of unique factors that contribute to the spread/resistance to viruses within a population. Additionally, given their small population, they were able to complete their vaccination programme quickly.

Almost nobody is wearing a mask (with the exception of medical facilities and the airport) and there are no restrictions from what I saw in clubs, bars and restaurants.

Reykjavik is absolutely buzzing on a Friday/Saturday night - I even saw Alexander Armstrong there filming something.

The place is full of Americans because it is one of very few countries accepting American tourists.

For all intents and purposes, their case rate is near zero.

Despite that, I had to go for a Covid test prior to leaving Iceland to get back to the UK. I also had to fork out £90 for a day 2 test after arriving back to the UK from a country without any statistically significant Covid rate.

This is ridiculous because I was far more likely to get Covid on the journey home from Heathrow.

So much has been done by the government to provide the appearance of doing something, whilst lining the pockets of friends/donors/family. And almost none of it making sense - unless you follow the money.

I appreciate precautions needed to be taken - but were they the right precautions and were they taken for the right reasons and/or discharged competently?

I think we all know the answer to that.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Iceland, though maybe not ao much if it's full of Yanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Ι’ve just returned from Iceland. I appreciate there are a number of unique factors that contribute to the spread/resistance to viruses within a population. Additionally, given their small population, they were able to complete their vaccination programme quickly.

Almost nobody is wearing a mask (with the exception of medical facilities and the airport) and there are no restrictions from what I saw in clubs, bars and restaurants.

Reykjavik is absolutely buzzing on a Friday/Saturday night - I even saw Alexander Armstrong there filming something.

The place is full of Americans because it is one of very few countries accepting American tourists.

For all intents and purposes, their case rate is near zero.

Despite that, I had to go for a Covid test prior to leaving Iceland to get back to the UK. I also had to fork out £90 for a day 2 test after arriving back to the UK from a country without any statistically significant Covid rate.

This is ridiculous because I was far more likely to get Covid on the journey home from Heathrow.

So much has been done by the government to provide the appearance of doing something, whilst lining the pockets of friends/donors/family. And almost none of it making sense - unless you follow the money.

I appreciate precautions needed to be taken - but were they the right precautions and were they taken for the right reasons and/or discharged competently?

I think we all know the answer to that.
    Afghan war. Revenue for the warmongers - 2 trillion dollars. TRILLION. All the kit that taxpayers were forced to buy at super inflated prices? Left in the desert. Guess it will all have to be replaced then? Second time that has happened in Afghanistan - could be more than yet another coincidence.

But what does this have to do with Covid?

Those money trails you quite rightly mention. They meander and weave and sometimes even double back. But they always terminate in the same few places. War. Famine. Disease. Climate. You name it. Even when issues are real as opposed to manufactured, these fuckers drive in and subvert all good intent or hijack necessity to make the original situation even worse. And the money always flows.

Governments and their "mistakes" are so far detached from the actual decision making process you can't even spot them on a map. Nothing's going to change until enough people twig that government is the theatre production that distracts from the real business of power.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing i have found odd is the labour response to the Government’s announcement of what restrictions will end on july 19th.

Labour seem to support all restrictions bar the ending of wearing masks and label that as reckless. I really dont get that logic, surely in a packed nightclub for example, if Covid spreads because everyone is packed in together, masks will be make limited difference.

I’m not sure how you can label opening up as reckless if all you oppose is the relaxing of wearing face masks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many in Wembley tonight? 60,000?
    It’s the boy’s nursery sports day tomorrow and we can’t go because WE WILL ALL DIE!!!1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It’s the boy’s nursery sports day tomorrow and we can’t go because WE WILL ALL DIE!!!1!

Oh do calm down, what do you expect, consistency?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

You’re surely not suggesting there is something “weird” going on?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    One thing i have found odd is the labour response to the Government’s announcement of what restrictions will end on july 19th.

Labour seem to support all restrictions bar the ending of wearing masks and label that as reckless. I really dont get that logic, surely in a packed nightclub for example, if Covid spreads because everyone is packed in together, masks will be make limited difference.

I’m not sure how you can label opening up as reckless if all you oppose is the relaxing of wearing face masks.
    It is a good way of saying “if we had worn masks….”
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.