Page 576 of 707 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    these fundamental changes to the relationship between the governed and the fascist shits are permanent
    Well, this is the interesting bit.
    I guess the question though is what are those changes and what does it mean for me, day to day?
    I mean sure, the last year has seen unprecedented restrictions on our freedoms - certainly in peace time we've never seen anything like it for centuries.
    But most of those have now been relaxed, life is starting to feel more normal again.
    So I expect things to basically go back to how they were.
    I don't think day to day anything will change much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bit you don't find interesting is the answer to your question. Stupid shit like masks/ no masks is argued to death. But did you hear anything today from the goblin Javid about repealing any of the bills that have been remorselessly pushed through over the course of this pandemic which has long since ceased to be a pandemic? Particularly those which assign sweeping new powers to the police or grant open ended and intrusive privacy exemptions for almost every branch of the state? Of course not. The laws that matter will be permanent. The theatre like mask wearing and reporting yourself following a false positive from a fake test, that will all be repealed and people will cheer at their new freedom. Fairly obvious stuff but it doesn't seem to dawn on the majority. For example, how much legislation has been rolled back two decades after 11 Sept 2001? How many abuses are piled high on the foundations permanently planted by that legislation?

I guess after a few more rounds of this, which we are sure to see given the success of the covid scam, fewer people will be fooled. I also guess it will be too late to do anything about it by that stage.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally the debate about covid medication has been resolved then. Turns out the nutters (including experienced physicians and eminent scientists) were right. Lots of cheap and effective medication out there. Javid is even taking credit for acting on this great new discovery that was known all the way back at the start of the pantomime.

But I suppose the vaccines are here now and the revenue streams have all been secured. So real medicine can come back. Maybe they'll let science come back soon too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'll believe it when the army are no longer on the streets.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "will be encouraged"

"expected and Recommended"

"personal responsibility"

Bojo the Clown is so funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting strategy. The state doesn't quite have the balls to declare outright authoritarianism - yet. So they leave it to the Branch Covidians to do it on their behalf. Or, they are just gloating about how many mind slaves they have accumulated to date. I'm sure there will be plenty who will play along out of fear or plain ignorance. Will be interesting to see if the fanatics heading up the teaching unions will still demand their regime of child abuse and harm.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    An interesting strategy. The state doesn't quite have the balls to declare outright authoritarianism - yet.
    Well, no. Because they have no interest in doing so. They never did. They were responding to a situation. You say the pandemic was over a year ago but tell that to the death rate over the last winter. I don't think the government have handled things in the right way, they've often imposed restrictions too late and relaxed things too early. They've certainly made decisions too late - Boris blustering away pretending that everything was OK and we could all have Christmas when it was increasingly clear that everything was not ok. But anyway...the point is they've been responding to something, they've not just been imposing restrictions for the lolz. I've said multiple times the evidence for that is that the restrictions have changed as the data has. Cases are going up right now but this time, because of the vaccine, the correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths has been broken, for now.

But did you hear anything today from the goblin Javid about repealing any of the bills that have been remorselessly pushed through over the course of this pandemic which has long since ceased to be a pandemic? Particularly those which assign sweeping new powers to the police or grant open ended and intrusive privacy exemptions for almost every branch of the state? Of course not. The laws that matter will be permanent.
    For example, how much legislation has been rolled back two decades after 11 Sept 2001? How many abuses are piled high on the foundations permanently planted by that legislation?
    But I come back to...what difference has any of this made on my life, or yours? You have legitimate concerns about some of the legislation you're talking about, but how is any of it affecting our day to day lives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first of the compulsory jabs is here. The final pieces of full-blown, corporate driven fascism are being put into place.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, no. Because they have no interest in doing so. They never did. They were responding to a situation. You say the pandemic was over a year ago but tell that to the death rate over the last winter. I don't think the government have handled things in the right way, they've often imposed restrictions too late and relaxed things too early. They've certainly made decisions too late - Boris blustering away pretending that everything was OK and we could all have Christmas when it was increasingly clear that everything was not ok. But anyway...the point is they've been responding to something, they've not just been imposing restrictions for the lolz. I've said multiple times the evidence for that is that the restrictions have changed as the data has. Cases are going up right now but this time, because of the vaccine, the correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths has been broken, for now.

But I come back to...what difference has any of this made on my life, or yours? You have legitimate concerns about some of the legislation you're talking about, but how is any of it affecting our day to day lives?
    Are you actually serious when you ask questions like that? I have often said people will have to see jackboots stomping down the street and hear the front door being kicked in before they maybe, perhaps, get a hint that something about the relationship between the "servants" and the people is maybe, perhaps not as it should be. By the time they start to wonder it is, of course, way, way too late.

Anyway, if you need the obvious to be stated, one immediate and soon to be most pressing example that will affect your arse directly is inflation and the systematic devaluation of currency based methods of exchange. Taxation (a euphemism for theft) will be knocking louder too. Are these good enough examples to serve your unabashed selfishness?
    Für eure Sicherheit