Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'll stick, thanks.
    If I was you, I’d prep myself to get out of the middle income tax bracket and and avoid the high tax high inflation world we’ll inevitably be plunged into. Because you can be sure as shit it won’t be the rich that will be taxed to plug the hole
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you defining the middle income tax bracket? There's just standard rate and high rate, no?
    And how do you avoid it anyway, I've always been PAYE so they take it before I see it anyway.
    I am, admittedly, completely clueless when it comes to this sort of thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you defining the middle income tax bracket? There's just standard rate and high rate, no?
    And how do you avoid it anyway, I've always been PAYE so they take it before I see it anyway.
    I am, admittedly, completely clueless when it comes to this sort of thing
    I simply mean they have raped the lower echelons of society, they’ll be coming for us soon. And by us, I mean if you’re not sailing above the 50% tax bracket.

If they’re going to stall your march to a big saving and/or pension pot, and you’re not arsed to get yourself sorted (or a benefactor of inheritance which isn’t taxed to fuck), it’ll be a sticky fucking wicket when you’ve passed 60
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    If they’re going to stall your march to a big saving and/or pension pot, and you’re not arsed to get yourself sorted (or a benefactor of inheritance which isn’t taxed to fuck), it’ll be a sticky fucking wicket when you’ve passed 60
    My main concern is getting ill (he says, having planned to have fish and chips for lunch ).
    I do have insurance, but we've still got a bloody great mortgage because London.
    But, I did get an inheritance this year which is not "clear the mortgage and sail off round the world" money, but it's enough to invest to provide a bit of financial security.

Pension wise, it's all in public sector which is underwritten by the government who, historically, have never defaulted. So it's not a pot of money, it's defined benefits. I missed the "final salary paid out at 60" gravy train but when I came in to the Public Sector I paid in to a scheme which pays out at 65, that scheme has now closed but it is index linked. The new scheme - and this is where they'll get me - pays out at "the retirement age". Which will keep changing of course.
    So I'm kinda relying on the inheritance money being invested well and being able to save money - am just trying to get a pay rise at the moment as part of a role change, but that's easier said than done in the Public Sector, and the organisation has been badly hit by the pandemic (as we are mostly a business, despite being public sector).

If all else fails, we might have to move out of London. If we sold here and bought my in-laws place, for example, which is a 4 bed detached place we could easily clear the mortgage and have money left over. So that's the nuclear option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One bit of good news for you. Your mortgage will be cancelled once the system collapses. Yes, you'll lose ownership of the property but you'll still be permitted to live there, although you'll probably have to share with another family. Provided you don't live outside the cities and larger towns. If you do, you'll be relocated and you'll be the one sharing with an ex-property "owner". Read your pre-revolution Russian history and notice the striking comparisons.

Of course you won't believe it until you see it. You're a Thomas rather than a John, right? This will all seem crazy to you right now, because (as you admit) it doesn't exist if it hasn't happened on your street. You keep going on about troop deployments because you could se that out of your window and you haven't so far. Having to resort to information, history, correlation and the cyclical nature of power is not your strong point (said kindly). This has all happened before and it is happening again. The vast majority of people who experienced it in the past never saw it coming either, or if they did they simply buried their heads, wrapped their hands around their arses and prayed for the best. Not a good tactic.

A GREAT tactic is people getting together in advance and saying no fucking way. Always works. Sets the wankers back decades wen that happens, as rare as it is. But you need to overcome the indoctrinated hordes before you can make a dent in the problem.

My "non-answers" (despite thousands of words of answers) could better be described as information you simply don't have the capacity to comprehend because you lack the level of awareness that would allow you to even perceive it. The true problems of this world are entirely invisible to you. The trivial problems walk front and centre though. And you'll argue those to the nth degree, I notice. Which, I can assure you, is precisely what is required of the "good" citizen in a modern, "free" society.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this crazy baldhead has received the vaccine and yet still tests positive..So where`s the beef? Dont tell me its because he hasnt taken the 2nd shot

In other news France wont recognise as cogent people who took the same AZ medicine but manufacured in India ....by AZ

Further EU might ban people who took the Russian Sputnik vaccine even though WHO has certified it effective and its efficacy has been tested by Millions through most of Latin America

Vaccine wars?.....Who would have thought it
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 17-07-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my 2nd Pfizer today.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    So this crazy baldhead has received the vaccine and yet still tests positive..
    You do understand that vaccines don’t stop you catching the disease it vaccinates you against, right?
    They simply prepare your body for dealing with it if you do.