Page 581 of 707 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591631681 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Freedom Day everyone.

See you all in 3 months for Lockdown 3.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

I suspect some restrictions will come back soon similar to what have been in place for the last couple of months.

However, masks clearly have done fuck all as they have been legally required and still cases are growing massively so they havent stopped the spread.

Also if cases are high but deaths & hospitalisations are low then why should we go back into lockdown? It’s not sustainable. Also if those who are being hospitalised are refusing the vaccine then the rest of the country shouldnt be put under restrictions for those refusing to have a vaccine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    However, masks clearly have done fuck all as they have been legally required and still cases are growing massively so they havent stopped the spread.
    Yes, it could be that masks aren't effecitve.
    Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, it could be that people aren't wearing them.
    I mean they might be in shops but in social settings people aren't wearing them - and I'm not suggesting they should, but I didn't see many people wearing them at Wembley.
    So...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes, it could be that masks aren't effecitve.
    Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, it could be that people aren't wearing them.
    I mean they might be in shops but in social settings people aren't wearing them - and I'm not suggesting they should, but I didn't see many people wearing them at Wembley.
    So...
    Every time i get on the tube, almost all are wearing masks (same this morning on my commute, 1 person wasnt wearing one). Most shops as well people are wearing masks, i havent noticed many not wearing them in indoor settings.

Yes Wembley & other sporting events havent had masks but they are outside where the risk of catching Covid is significantly lower according to the experts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see MO's description of what it was like at Wembley?! Come on, dude. Yes, outdoors there is less risk but that's because generally people aren't usually a writhing mass of humanity outdoors like they were at Wembley when we scored. People are wearing them on trains and shops. So that's good. But then they go and see their mates and that's where viruses spread.
    At our youth group we have increasingly stopped enforcing it, no-one was wearing one on Friday. Most people were behaving at church yesterday...but then we had coffee afterwards, everyone took their masks off anyway, so...

EDIT: Oh, and I agree that some restrictions will almost inevitably be reimposed at some point. I doubt it'll be full Lockdown 3, but that depends on the data.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone who doesn't think that a physical barrier across your nose and mouth isn't going to play at least a small part in reducing spreading or catching COVID is just talking BS

tbh Ollie I'm amazed you're doing a daily commute there's no fucking way any employer would get me to do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    anyone who doesn't think that a physical barrier across your nose and mouth isn't going to play at least a small part in reducing spreading or catching COVID is just talking BS

tbh Ollie I'm amazed you're doing a daily commute there's no fucking way any employer would get me to do that
    Don’t have much choice. We’ve been mandated to be in the office at least 3 days a week from today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Did you see MO's description of what it was like at Wembley?! Come on, dude. Yes, outdoors there is less risk but that's because generally people aren't usually a writhing mass of humanity outdoors like they were at Wembley when we scored. People are wearing them on trains and shops. So that's good. But then they go and see their mates and that's where viruses spread.
    At our youth group we have increasingly stopped enforcing it, no-one was wearing one on Friday. Most people were behaving at church yesterday...but then we had coffee afterwards, everyone took their masks off anyway, so...

EDIT: Oh, and I agree that some restrictions will almost inevitably be reimposed at some point. I doubt it'll be full Lockdown 3, but that depends on the data.
    It’s always been the case that Covid spreads more indoors then outdoors hence the reason why lower numbers could meet indoors over the last few months.

Reading social media, people are banging on about masks and you get the impression that these are the only things stopping Covid and getting rid of them means everyone is going to die. That’s clearly not hte case, masks have been required for at least a year by law and in that time, there have been high numbers of cases so they do some good but clearly not enough.

One of the reasons though is suspect is that most of us wear homemade masks hwich probably dont do anything compared to proper medical/industrial ones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Reading social media, people are banging on about masks and you get the impression that these are the only things stopping Covid and getting rid of them means everyone is going to die. That’s clearly not hte case, masks have been required for at least a year by law and in that time, there have been high numbers of cases so they do some good but clearly not enough.

One of the reasons though is suspect is that most of us wear homemade masks hwich probably dont do anything compared to proper medical/industrial ones
    That's fair. They're not a magic bullet, they help but only if used correctly and consistently, which they haven't been.

Interesting about your work - our place have been ultra-cautious, we still have to request access if we want to go in and the default is still working at home.