User Tag List

Page 586 of 707 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596636686 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after all the clit groping, covid passports are a thing. The state can now fuck you up if you don't let them perform invasive actions on your body. Good to know that there's nothing to see here.

At least the French are ignoring the golden rule that most saps buy into. They are being extremely violent. Violence is a very good thing when the state is the target. Of course violence is a very bad thing when directed against innocent people. Which is exactly why it's a great thing when directed at the state.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So after all the clit groping, covid passports are a thing. The state can now fuck you up if you don't let them perform invasive actions on your body. Good to know that there's nothing to see here.

At least the French are ignoring the golden rule that most saps buy into. They are being extremely violent. Violence is a very good thing when the state is the target. Of course violence is a very bad thing when directed against innocent people. Which is exactly why it's a great thing when directed at the state.
    While some in France are protesting, most are signing up for their vaccine following Macron’s requirement of vaccine passport.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...-to-get-jabbed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57962995

Boris's "cross our fingers and hope it all works out" approach might just work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herd immunity.

Always rated it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You are turning it into a debate on the consequences by taking the initial premise as factual. It's perfectly possible to create plausible arguments either way but in your case it is imperative for Boris Johnson to actually be controlling the decision making process and you assume this is the case. And yet you might also hold the common belief, like many, that no matter who is "in charge" nothing changes. This should give you at least pause to consider the faulty premise.
    But I could ask why you cared who won the US election then. If it doesn't matter who is in charge then what difference does it make? There's no doubt that Biden's taking things in a very different direction to Trump.
    Over here, I do often think it doesn't make much difference who is in charge but maybe what I really mean is it doesn't make much difference to me.
    I'm on a decent income, we have a comfortable life and some financial buffer for rainy days. It would have to be a pretty extreme government to make much difference to my day to day life. For people on the edge I suspect that who the government is can make a big difference - a government cutting free school meals wouldn't make any difference to me, I'm not eligible anyway. For a family who relies on that for their child to get a hot meal each day, that's going to have a big impact. We've never had a really extreme government - extreme enough to make a big difference to my life. I don't think we have one now. For all the hand wringing about the "powers" being afforded to police - and I do agree there's some concern there - that didn't stop a load of idiots protesting against lockdown literally on the day that the restrictions ended . They weren't all carted off, were they?

While we are here, I am concerned about Covid Passports. I have consistently been against this sort of thing. I have been fully vaccinated but I don't like the idea of having to be in order to go about my day to day life.
    The argument that "well they're not strapping you down and making you have it" doesn't work when being fully vaccinated becomes a prerequisite for doing normal activities or having certain jobs. I still don't think it's because the government are all set to control our day to day lives, they're continuing to deal with "a situation", and continuing to do so in the wrong way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Herd immunity.

Always rated it.
    And seasons. They are great too.

Without the fake tests it would almost be like there's no out of season virus going around.

There's no place for common sense, let alone science, in the new normal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But I could ask why you cared who won the US election then. If it doesn't matter who is in charge then what difference does it make? There's no doubt that Biden's taking things in a very different direction to Trump.
    Over here, I do often think it doesn't make much difference who is in charge but maybe what I really mean is it doesn't make much difference to me.
    I'm on a decent income, we have a comfortable life and some financial buffer for rainy days. It would have to be a pretty extreme government to make much difference to my day to day life. For people on the edge I suspect that who the government is can make a big difference - a government cutting free school meals wouldn't make any difference to me, I'm not eligible anyway. For a family who relies on that for their child to get a hot meal each day, that's going to have a big impact. We've never had a really extreme government - extreme enough to make a big difference to my life. I don't think we have one now. For all the hand wringing about the "powers" being afforded to police - and I do agree there's some concern there - that didn't stop a load of idiots protesting against lockdown literally on the day that the restrictions ended . They weren't all carted off, were they?

While we are here, I am concerned about Covid Passports. I have consistently been against this sort of thing. I have been fully vaccinated but I don't like the idea of having to be in order to go about my day to day life.
    The argument that "well they're not strapping you down and making you have it" doesn't work when being fully vaccinated becomes a prerequisite for doing normal activities or having certain jobs. I still don't think it's because the government are all set to control our day to day lives, they're continuing to deal with "a situation", and continuing to do so in the wrong way.
    Trump or not, democracy (such as it is) versus globalisation was the key issue in the US election. When you have a clear and present threat to deal with it takes all priority over any ongoing, undesirable yet less pressing issues.

As for your reading of the situation here in the UK, I agree. The population is now split between those with principles and those without.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    While some in France are protesting, most are signing up for their vaccine following Macron’s requirement of vaccine passport.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...-to-get-jabbed
    Which, yet again, reinforces the argument you missed (or avoided) about "good" Germans. The majority of people are cowards and will not act, even to save themselves. But their endorsement of wrongdoing does not make it right.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay - went to the supermarket and around 50% of the denizens were minus mask (including staff). Fucking finally. And nobody batted an eyelid. Those who wanted to wear masks were wearing them, those who didn't weren't. Can't think of a single reason why anyone would object to freedom of choice. I'm sure I'll run into some Covidian nut who objects at some point, and their mask will be finally useful for stemming the blood. So far so good though.
    Für eure Sicherheit