Page 591 of 707 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641691 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If you have something to say then say it. So many of your posts are like this. "Pee or get off the pot", as the Americans day.
    I QUOTED the bit I was referring to. Pissed straight into the pot, so to speak.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I QUOTED the bit I was referring to. Pissed straight into the pot, so to speak.
    You quoted it, but didn’t respond.
    “LOL” is not a response, or not one which advances any discussion.
    Feel free to try again though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia is, famously, a different country. And they have handled things differently to us. They have locked down quicker and harder than we have when outbreaks have occurred. And you could argue that they’ve got it right. They’ve had fewer than 1000 deaths. Even accounting for the population difference that is orders of magnitude better than us. But of course lockdowns have consequences.
    You make an interesting point about Australia. I read a superb book recently called Failures of the State (really recommend it) and its about how hte UK Governemnt failed in response and it was full of praise for Australia.

Now tbe book came out in march so it’s funny how things change. As you say, Australia have done things differently and got bits right but they are now in a full lockdown pretty much with borders closed for another year at least. There will be a lot of economic damage from that. Their vaccine rollout is also very slow so that will hamper reopening efforts.

Also shows how zero Covid is almost impossible, they tried it and look at them now. Delta variant still got in and caused lockdowns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that a book came out about it already. IMO it's too early to do much analysis of all this. I mean, we've all been doing it all along of course, but in the middle of last year we were pretty much the worst country in Europe for deaths per million. We were one of the top, or bottom, in the world. Definitely top 10.
    Now, actually, (possibly because of the vaccine programme) we are slipping down the table. We are currently in 20th, just above...Mexico (Wengerbabies ), who are catching up rapidly. Obviously there are seasonal factors, our winter is their summer and so on. (Actually, not sure that applies to Mexico, think they're north of the equator). But anyway, the point is I reckon it'll be a decade before we can really look back and work out who got what right and wrong. Short term deaths are bad, but so is long term economic devastation. Certainly one for historians to pore over for decades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australia is, famously, a different country
    Source?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You quoted it, but didn’t respond.
    “LOL” is not a response, or not one which advances any discussion.
    Feel free to try again though.
    Liar. I responded twice thereafter. Why do you have to lie to make your argument?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that a book came out about it already. IMO it's too early to do much analysis of all this. I mean, we've all been doing it all along of course, but in the middle of last year we were pretty much the worst country in Europe for deaths per million. We were one of the top, or bottom, in the world. Definitely top 10.
    Now, actually, (possibly because of the vaccine programme) we are slipping down the table. We are currently in 20th, just above...Mexico (Wengerbabies ), who are catching up rapidly. Obviously there are seasonal factors, our winter is their summer and so on. (Actually, not sure that applies to Mexico, think they're north of the equator). But anyway, the point is I reckon it'll be a decade before we can really look back and work out who got what right and wrong. Short term deaths are bad, but so is long term economic devastation. Certainly one for historians to pore over for decades.
    Not too early to roll out an experimental vaccine globally though. I wonder if historians will get the chance to study any of this, given the horrific censorship that's ongoing. YouTube just suspended Sky News Australia for refusing to parrot the party line. Suspended for "misinformation" about the tightly controlled information stream. It seems anything that provides an alternative side to any debate is considered a risk. Not something CNN or the BBC could ever be accused of, the masters of misinformation that remain at large, unhindered. As things stand history will be authored and re-authored daily in the future, perhaps by grey men named Winston Smith.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't happening so it is safe to stay asleep and just let events unfold without question.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Source?
    Barbecue, usually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Liar. I responded twice thereafter. Why do you have to lie to make your argument?
    And said nothing of note in either post
    Which is your MO.
    Lots of words, little substance.