Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You shit your knickers
    No, I'm just not 14. You'll see me after school will you? What kind of adult talks like this?
    As I said violence, like insults, is the sign of a lost argument. How about we stick to jaw jaw.

You pick out posts and ignore all the others about Canada, the US, Italy, Germany, France, Australia
    Yes, because you said: "But now, according to you, I'm the one who made it local."
    So I just pointed out the post where you did just that. You were very clearly talking about what would happen in this country.
    But it's a good thing you were wrong, isn't it? Did you want those things to happen?

Obviously I care more about what happens in this country than others. OK, so other countries went more authoritarian than ours did.
    I'm glad Boris never quite went that way.
    BUT in all countries where that happened the level of restrictions has varied over time as the data has, as it has here. I think Italy was a country where there was a literal curfew and you had to fill in a form if you wanted to go out.
    But, like here, that was a response to a situation. You can argue whether it was the right response, it feels too draconian for my liking. But it's not happening now. It wasn't part of a one way slide into an authoritarian regime.
    I have a friend in Rome I can ask but I think right now it's been pretty much business as usual for a while, it definitely has been at times.

You post up a quote, "Your papers please!", as if covid passports aren't front and centre.
    That is not the context in which you said it. You said it in the context of checkpoints.
    But I agree, I don't think there should be covid passports or "no jab, no job". And OK, you got the covid passports thing right. But stop pretending your foresight was 20:20, I've highlighted plenty of other things you got wrong.

You don't have a problem with me
    I actually don't. I mean, I'd prefer it if you stopped the silly insults and threats, but those make you look foolish, not me.
    What's happening all around me is things are basically normal again, for now. I've been to the theatre with the boy a couple of times in the last week (The Gruffalo Zog )
    Some people were wearing masks but most weren't. Church is running again normally - has been for a while actually, but we've dispensed with the masks now.
    The office is open if I want to go in to work (I don't). Basically everything is open now.
    Right now there are no restrictions on my day to day freedoms - that's what I care about. Sure, there's some complication if I wanted to travel abroad but it depends where you want to go. Some friends left for a holiday in Spain today.

I do think Covid passports are problematic. I think there's a pretty decent chance of more restrictions being imposed over this winter. The Spanish Flu had 4 waves over a couple of years. The difference this time is the vaccine so maybe things will be better but we'll see. But the main point is this is all temporary. It's a response to a situation. If it wasn't then why have the restrictions varied over time and correlated with the data?

We don't have an authoritarian government, I don't think we are likely to have one. And you do know this - you were the one who at the height of the first lockdown noted that people were going about their day to day business and ignoring the rules. Did those people all end up in internment camps or incarcerated? There are some things of concern, but I don't believe we're slipping into this dystopian nightmare you imagine. The government might not be bending over backwards to help you but I don't think they're trying to control you to the extent you imagine either. If they are then they're doing a pretty lousy job of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58112125

(on the BBC though, so obviously fake news )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ha ha ha...

People sick...

Ha ha ha...

People in Mexico...

Ha ha ha...

Where Wengerbabies is...

Ha ha ha... dead people...

Ha ha, I win the internets...
    Given you seem to think the whole thing is a hoax, it’s impressive you seem to now acknowledge that people are sick & do die from covid. Progress.

However Wengerbabies has been gloating all year about how great being in Mexico is & calling us all idiots for staying here. If he now can’t take a joke, then tough

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still not fully convinced everyone else on here isn't a figment of my imagination, because it would explain so much...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the other posters long since left.
    Maccy and me are basically playing everyone’s parts now.
    I do NQ and GP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still here.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Cripps haha lol jk
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I miss Cripps haha lol jk
    He wouldn’t like it here anyway, all the girls he used to message are too old for him now

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even I hadn't been around all that much.

Well posting anyway.