User Tag List

Page 597 of 707 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, bullshit piled upon bullshit means lots of bullshit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah, bullshit piled upon bullshit means lots of bullshit.
    You'd know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You'd know...
    Yeah, I would. Trouble is people like you don't. Although I wonder how many will be able to cling to fantasies once we arrive at the new normal? Won't be as many as before. But I'm not worried about you, I know you'll stay tough in your obedience.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s just check in and see how Australia’s lockdown is going…..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1906977.html

Not very well i think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Let’s just check in and see how Australia’s lockdown is going…..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1906977.html

Not very well i think
    Well, you say that. Locking down hard and early has demonstrably achieved what lockdowns are supposed to achieve.
    They've had 984 Covid deaths in a population of 25.36 million people.
    We've had 131,640 Covid deaths in a population of 66.65 million.

So...yeah.

Whether it was the right thing to do and is worth the collateral damage these things cause is a separate debate. But there's no doubt their response has been effective.
    Interestingly, we are slipping down (or up, depending on how you think about it) the table of deaths per million. About this time last year we were something like top 5 in the world for deaths per million.
    Now we're not in the top 20. So for all the ways the government have got things wrong, the vaccination rollout has been a demonstrable success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, you say that. Locking down hard and early has demonstrably achieved what lockdowns are supposed to achieve.
    They've had 984 Covid deaths in a population of 25.36 million people.
    We've had 131,640 Covid deaths in a population of 66.65 million.

So...yeah.

Whether it was the right thing to do and is worth the collateral damage these things cause is a separate debate. But there's no doubt their response has been effective.
    Interestingly, we are slipping down (or up, depending on how you think about it) the table of deaths per million. About this time last year we were something like top 5 in the world for deaths per million.
    Now we're not in the top 20. So for all the ways the government have got things wrong, the vaccination rollout has been a demonstrable success.
    If you have had to resort to shooting rescue dogs to stop people going out during a lockdown, i think the policy needs a rethink.

However, while some points on Australia are correct such as going in hard & early stopped the spread, how successful has it been if 18 months later they are in a harsher & longer lockdown because they failed to get anyone vaccinated and thought they were safe due to be isolated on an island with closed borders?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like both governments have got some things right and others wrong.
    Our lockdowns have been far too late and with too many exceptions, Australia have got that right - lock down early and hard.
    But our vaccine rollout has been one of the best in the world and from what you're saying Australia have made a mess of that.
    In the coming years there will be lots of analysis done and books written about all this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It sounds like both governments have got some things right and others wrong.
    Our lockdowns have been far too late and with too many exceptions, Australia have got that right - lock down early and hard.
    But our vaccine rollout has been one of the best in the world and from what you're saying Australia have made a mess of that.
    In the coming years there will be lots of analysis done and books written about all this!
    I’ll stick to YouTube videos.

Thank you very much!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing your own research™

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incel nutters standing in front of a map > experts
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.