Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    in other words, like i said, he's nuts
    Projection
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Look at this poor creature begging for attention and approval.

"Like I said"? You said nothing, as always. You actually insulted the person you quoted by comparing his genuine attempt at debate with your sub-standard trolling.

#learnToTroll
    today 3.20 i said: "he also thinks 'they' are all paedos - he's nuts"

so, again, like i said, you're nuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Projection
    And look at the marxist gamer stirring. Obviously I know what you are, but it's highly possible the others here don't. That makes you cancerous. I hope they got their jabs.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today 3.20 i said: "he also thinks 'they' are all paedos - he's nuts"

so, again, like i said, you're nuts
    Wow. I hadn't realised you'd chimed in with a thesis. My bad.

#superFlyweightJourneyman
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest Dore video, for as long as it remains available, give it a watch. I won't bother linking because it upsets the faggots, even though Dore is a commie like them. People who have been jabbed really ought to watch - I mean it. Or, should I say, people who have been jabbed but are still in possession of their reason. In short, "some guy on the internet", whose only claim to fame is being the inventor of the mRNA vaccine, has something he wants to tell you. Warning for the sheep - THIS IS NOT THE BBC, PLEASE DO NOT WATCH.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though the entire planet has demonstrably changed around your ears in the last couple of years (far longer than that in truth) you brush it off as normal on the basis you are now "allowed" to do something or another, or will be "allowed" to do it in the future.
    Has the planet changed though? I mean, certainly the last 18 months has seen unprecedented restrictions on our lives.
    But none of that is permanent - almost none of those restrictions are currently in place. The restrictions were designed to deal with a situation.
    As that situation has changed so the restrictions have and right now life is feeling pretty normal again. My gut feeling is that there will be some disruption to our lives over this winter but that depends on the data.
    I continue to believe this is temporary - so far events make me believe I'm right. I was in the office yesterday and while it wasn't packed it was the busiest I've seen it since this started. I've booked a theatre trip for a couple of weeks time. Church is operating normally. Everything is open again.
    There are no restrictions on my day to day right now. This is as normal as life has felt since all this started.
    At most I might be asked to wear a mask in certain situations but even then a lot of people aren't bothering now, no-one is enforcing it.

You don't understand the significance of the word "allowed". So, of course, you can't actually see any of the wildly escalating problems. To not be aware of your situation during this remarkable period in time is almost impressive.
    I think I know what you're getting at here. Going to church or to a pub or seeing friends or family isn't something I should be "allowed" to do. Right?
    And generally I agree. I've never thought that way. The government have no business telling me where I go or what I do or who I see,
    BUT...we live in a society. That does mean there are some rules to follow which inherently means some restriction on our lives.
    I doubt many people during the blitz said "but muh human rights!" when they were told to close their blackout curtains. It was a rule which makes no sense in "normal" times but made complete sense in the context of a war when you were in a city which was being bombed. I see the Covid restrictions as the same. They make no sense in normal times, they did make sense in the context of a disease which was putting a lot of pressure on health services and causing a lot of extra deaths.

There are certainly debates to be had about the way the UK government went about things. Rules were inconsistent, some restrictions were implemented too late to be effective. Not all of them made sense. But the government are inept and were woefully unprepared for an event like this. So my take is they were basically doing their best to deal with an unprecedented situation and balancing the need to minimise deaths with people's liberties. Sure, some people used the situation to feather their nests. That happens in any crisis. And we can argue about what they got right and wrong but the fact that everything is open right now and there are no restrictions on our day to day lives tells me this was no "slippery slope" into authoritarianism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest Bore video.
    agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed
    Hi Dorothy. Can't even post an honest quote now. I've never seen somebody so proud of being a loser. Anyway, if ever your balls drop, let me know and we can meet up for drinks and stuff.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Has the planet changed though? I mean, certainly the last 18 months has seen unprecedented restrictions on our lives.
    But none of that is permanent - almost none of those restrictions are currently in place. The restrictions were designed to deal with a situation.
    As that situation has changed so the restrictions have and right now life is feeling pretty normal again. My gut feeling is that there will be some disruption to our lives over this winter but that depends on the data.
    I continue to believe this is temporary - so far events make me believe I'm right. I was in the office yesterday and while it wasn't packed it was the busiest I've seen it since this started. I've booked a theatre trip for a couple of weeks time. Church is operating normally. Everything is open again.
    There are no restrictions on my day to day right now. This is as normal as life has felt since all this started.
    At most I might be asked to wear a mask in certain situations but even then a lot of people aren't bothering now, no-one is enforcing it.

I think I know what you're getting at here. Going to church or to a pub or seeing friends or family isn't something I should be "allowed" to do. Right?
    And generally I agree. I've never thought that way. The government have no business telling me where I go or what I do or who I see,
    BUT...we live in a society. That does mean there are some rules to follow which inherently means some restriction on our lives.
    I doubt many people during the blitz said "but muh human rights!" when they were told to close their blackout curtains. It was a rule which makes no sense in "normal" times but made complete sense in the context of a war when you were in a city which was being bombed. I see the Covid restrictions as the same. They make no sense in normal times, they did make sense in the context of a disease which was putting a lot of pressure on health services and causing a lot of extra deaths.

There are certainly debates to be had about the way the UK government went about things. Rules were inconsistent, some restrictions were implemented too late to be effective. Not all of them made sense. But the government are inept and were woefully unprepared for an event like this. So my take is they were basically doing their best to deal with an unprecedented situation and balancing the need to minimise deaths with people's liberties. Sure, some people used the situation to feather their nests. That happens in any crisis. And we can argue about what they got right and wrong but the fact that everything is open right now and there are no restrictions on our day to day lives tells me this was no "slippery slope" into authoritarianism.
    You had me at, "The government have no business telling me where I go or what I do or who I see..."

Then you added a caveat to freedom, which is impossible.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had me at, "The government have no business telling me where I go or what I do or who I see..."

Then you added a caveat to freedom, which is impossible.
    Or, to look at it another way, freedom as you define it is impossible within a society.
    There's a value exchange to being in a society, you give up certain freedoms but you get things like infrastructure and safety.
    Most of the time we don't actually give up too much freedom so in general people think it's worth it. Yes, we grumble about taxes but we want our bins to be collected and our roads to be maintained etc.
    I'd be interested to know how you think true freedom in the way you're defining it can happen within a complicated society.