Page 613 of 707 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    For the record - although I've already posted these opinions before - I don't agree with vaccinating children
    For Covid, or in general?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    For Covid, or in general?
    Good point! For Covid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You either live in the society or you don't.
    This is all you needed to admit.

The rest of your post is merely facetious, an attempt to score Internet points as usual. You simply won't or can't comprehend that people who have their earnings stolen to prop up the state cannot afford to live this alternative lifestyle you envisage in your imaginary world. I can homeschool my kids, sure. Provided I have enough cash to pay for the schools I'm no longer using. I can simply stop going to hospitals, provided I keep paying for them, thus making the appalling value I already suffer even worse. I can do anything I want, provided I pay you for everything I do. I want to engage in a private transaction with a private company? Pay you. I want to put my money in a bank? Pay you. I want to buy a home to live in. Pay you up-front and then pay you every month. I want to die and leave that property to my kids. Pay you. I want to drive a car. Pay you. I want to put petrol in it. Pay you. I want to go on holiday. Pay you. I want to have a heater in my home to keep me warm. Pay you for the heater, pay you for the usage. And on it goes. (Btw, to deprive you of the opportunity to be eagerly childish in your response, the "you" I refer to is not you personally, it is the collective "you" of which you are a willing member - but I guess you'll still go there anyway).

Just keep on paying you. For everything. Then don't use any of it, instead pay all over again for alternatives (which STILL require me to pay you AGAIN), OR leave the country and go to one of those countries that is not held hostage by an authoritarian regime. Remind me again, where would one of those places be?

Your society is so amazingly free it enforces membership. And yet you claim, with a straight face, liberty reigns supreme.

ONE example of the extreme hypocrisy with which you practice your religion, btw. You freely admit you voted for (endorsed) war criminals. Freely admitted it. On the one hand you fall on your knees in public and proclaim your faith, on the other you make your mark in private and (as you have done several times already) admit your endorsement will be based on what you get in return (self-evidently regardless of the cost). That's a fine Christian attitude you have there. It seems to have two main pillars; Self interest and Self interest.

The trouble is, you have allowed yourself to accept what is deeply immoral as business as usual. And people like you who have permitted such "normality" have the nerve to demand others permit it too or get the fuck out.

And that's the real crisis the human race faces these days. How to somehow cure the morally sick or at least mitigate the harm they do.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record - although I've already posted these opinions before - I don't agree with vaccinating children and I don't think people who declined to be vaccinated should either be forced to or punished for not being. I made my own decision about vaccination, other people made theirs and that's fine.
    I'm not sure what I can actually do about it though.
    Yeah. You are against it but FOR everything else that allowed it in the first place.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris agrees deal with the U.S. allowing those who have taken the vaccine sacrament to travel. So okay, the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission but that's a minor scientific detail that's best overlooked. So begins the methodical process of reducing anyone who won't kneel to second class status. The non-vaccinated will now be forced to enter the U.S. via Mexico where there are zero restrictions on passage and zero requirement to be vaccinated or even legal.

It all makes perfect sense.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vaccine that is widely accepted to be doing what a vaccine should do should not need coercion. Jonas Salk who developed the Polio vaccine, by himself over 15 years of trials and study. First tried it on himself after he was sure it worked, then on his wife and his own kids. If a vaccine is effective and safe. taking it is a no brainer. Noteworthy that Dr Salk did not patent his discovery and gave it free to the rest of the world. Every city should in the world have a street named after this man IMO
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    A vaccine that is widely accepted to be doing what a vaccine should do should not need coercion. Jonas Salk who developed the Polio vaccine, by himself over 15 years of trials and study. First tried it on himself after he was sure it worked, then on his wife and his own kids. If a vaccine is effective and safe. taking it is a no brainer. Noteworthy that Dr Salk did not patent his discovery and gave it free to the rest of the world. Every city should in the world have a street named after this man IMO
    Jonas Salk wasn't working when the internet was a thing...
    EDIT: To elaborate, you know the flat earth society is a thing, right? I mean, it's always been a thing but recently it's become relatively mainstream. A small but vocal percentage of the globe (lolz) believe the earth is flat. Spoiler: It isn't. But the point is loons like that could shout their nonsense on street corners back in the day. Now they can shout it across the internet and people not well versed in science and who like a good conspiracy theory buy in to it. There are literal flat earth conventions. Point being...how do you know what's true any more? I can provide a load of sources showing how effective the vaccines are and how small the chances of serious side effects are. You can provide a bunch saying the exact opposite. I'm not an expert in this, I suspect you aren't either. How do we know what's true? It's increasingly hard these today to pick apart fact from fiction and discern what is actually true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonas Salk wasn't working when the internet was a thing...
    EDIT: To elaborate, you know the flat earth society is a thing, right? I mean, it's always been a thing but recently it's become relatively mainstream. A small but vocal percentage of the globe (lolz) believe the earth is flat. Spoiler: It isn't. But the point is loons like that could shout their nonsense on street corners back in the day. Now they can shout it across the internet and people not well versed in science and who like a good conspiracy theory buy in to it. There are literal flat earth conventions. Point being...how do you know what's true any more? I can provide a load of sources showing how effective the vaccines are and how small the chances of serious side effects are. You can provide a bunch saying the exact opposite. I'm not an expert in this, I suspect you aren't either. How do we know what's true? It's increasingly hard these today to pick apart fact from fiction and discern what is actually true.
    Tx. But I do know that a vaccine should prevent you getting a disease and spreading it to others. This vaccine does neither
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tx. But I do know that a vaccine should prevent you getting a disease and spreading it to others. This vaccine does neither
    No-one has claimed the vaccine is 100% effective, but the data shows that the correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths is somewhat broken.
    I'd suggest the vaccination rollout is likely to be a big factor in that.

Also found this which is useful:

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/08/25...nes-dont-work/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s not true though.

The most common vaccine is the flu one but that doesnt stop you spreading flu nor getting it. It just limits the impact meaning the vast majority recover without needing hopsital treatment which is the whole point so system doesnt get overwhelmed.

Similar when i have had jabs for typhoid etc to go abroad, they never say it stops you getting the diseases but just that it limits its impact