User Tag List

Page 627 of 707 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covid-19: Kwasi Kwarteng rules out fourth lockdown as pressure mounts to introduce Plan B restrictions
    The Business Secretary said another lockdown is “not going to happen” despite surging cases of Covid-19

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/kw...ctions-1258531
    Lockdown coming soon then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much nailed on. If you can get odds better than 1/100, take it. That is pretty much the best low risk return on capital you can get these days.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt there will be an official lockdown again but suspect that measures may come in where it is lockdown in all bar name such as rule of 6, no indoor mixing etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I’d be surprised if we get through this winter without any restrictions.
    There was a case in the boy’s class. Apparently the track and trace app which I don’t have will tell us if we need to isolate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot in the media about how poorly UK is handling Covid again as our cases rise and data appears to show how we are miles ahead of the EU etc in terms of people testing positive.

It’s actually misleading when you look at hte number of tests carried out. Not to say our cases aren’t high, but i dont think Europe is as low as being made out. It’s funny but one of the major criticisms of the Goverment at the start in 2020 was how they had no testing ability yet now the fact the government built the testing up to such a high level (regularly over a million a day). Early on people were using germany as the example of what we should be yet according to the data, Germany has only carried out 80 million Covid tests compared to the UK with 300 million.

Of course, if you test more then you will find more cases but I’m not sure the UK is as much of an outlier as the data makes out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well also, cases is not a good measure.

How many people are being hospitalised? How many are dying?
    If the NHS is getting overwhelmed (it isn’t, so far) or there are a large number of deaths (there aren’t, so far - the death numbers are actually slightly declining) then you need to do something.
    Otherwise, not so much.

Someone in our boy’s class tested positive. Apparently our track and trace app will tell us if we need to do anything. Which seems unlikely, as we don’t have it.

I’m done cow towing to this fucking thing. My sister (actually her husband, who has been paranoid throughout this whole thing) has suggested lateral flow tests before Christmas family gatherings. Fuck that noise. If the data changes then I’ll revise my opinions but right now there’s nothing to suggest we can’t just go about our business which is what most people are doing. I popped to Sainsbury’s yesterday and no one was wearing a mask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you watched the motion to extend the Coronavirus Act 2020 in parliament [sic] the other day there's nothing much left to say on this matter. Hardly any of the bastards turned up, nobody read the thing because it was pushed to the very last minute again, they wouldn't even allow a proper vote. Instead you had a pack of barn animals braying and literally laughing their arses off about the almost two year duration (so far) of these "emergency" measures, the typical lack of scrutiny and all the bollocks this horrendous legislation has heaped on the working and middle classes. It was such a formality and foregone conclusion this would pass it was treated as a comical interlude in proceedings. Oh what a laugh was had by all.

I'm fortunate, if you call working your arse off trying to keep pace with rampant inflation and a collapsing economy while battling to replace old clients destroyed by the state with new ones who are themselves fighting for survival. I haven't lost my job. I haven't lost my house. I didn't see my elderly relatives murdered. I haven't needed a vital operation that has been postponed until forever, I haven't descended into depression, I haven't committed suicide. It's easy for "fortunate" people to forget about the millions who have taken the brunt of this pathetically transparent and preposterous dash into the modern day equivalent of feudalism.

It's all on rails now. Those two weeks to flatten the curve marked the death of the nation as we knew it and the arrival of what has been crawling through the sewers of history and towards the daylight for decades. It's here now and half the population have the welcome mat ready. I guess they think they are always going to be the fortunate ones. Quite the surprise coming to them then.

It's done and we didn't even complain, let alone fight.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, and no one else posting here is in a position to either possess or analyse all the data that must exist. But I would appreciate some interpretation of the figures that at least provide a meaningful basis for objective comparisons. Higher prominence to ratios between positive/negative test outcomes across jurisdictions would help for a start.

The problem with the comparisons across international boundaries is that we aren’t comparing like with like. There is no one internationally accepted and applied methodology. That means people such as Ollie are able to sugarcoat and question UK figures and tend towards excusing objectively clear mistakes on how we handled the virus when we first learnt about it and had an opportunity to mitigate against the worst effects at the outset.

That’s done and dusted and we are where we are now. The strategy today should be to understand the consequences and benefits we make today. There is a mountain of data available now that objective data analysis and scientific appraisal of can be applied to making informed decisions of how best to live with the virus.

While past performance is no complete guide to future performance, I have very little confidence in this government making the right decisions for the right reasons. And the usual apologists will be out in force to support the unsupportable because what is a public health issue has become a political football.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58990658

Doctors

What do they know?