Page 638 of 707 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Ireland reimposing restrictions despite 93% vaccination, still think this is going to end?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To elaborate. Like in literally every country, restrictions have been imposed in response to data. Cases are going through the roof, they’re trying to get that under control as they are in some other European countries. They’re not doing it for the lolz.

Spanish Flu is the only comparable pandemic in modern times, that lasted a couple of years - did anyone think this would disappear immediately? But Spanish flu didn’t go on forever, this won’t either.

Do you know when rationing ended in the UK? Have a guess if you don’t know.
    It was 1954 when the last things were taken off rationing, 9 years after the War ended.
    On the 1950s version of Goonersweb, which would presumably work by telegram, would 1950s you have been saying it would go in forever and was all about control? (While 1950s Zim would have been saying “Whittaker out”, no doubt).

Look at when restrictions have been imposed and relaxed. It has always followed the data. You can argue whether different governments have got things right, but it’s a stretch to say it’s all about control when the restrictions make no sense in that context. The government have no interest in whether you go clubbing. But in the context of a pandemic which is airborne they do care about lots of people squeezed together in an unventilated space. Again, you can argue about whether all the restrictions made sense - I didn’t understand why before last Christmas I was able to play football where social distancing is obviously impossible, but I couldn’t go into a pub and have a meal, socially distanced from other people. It seems to me the government have tried to balance liberties with trying to deal with this situation. They’ve made a hash of some things, certainly. The big mistake was to go full “herd immunity” last year and then when that was going horribly they imposed restrictions far too late to make any difference. But the vaccination rollout was good and I’d suggest it’s a reason we have gone from something like 5th worst in the world in terms of deaths per million to about 26th. And natural immunity has been mentioned on here and I’d agree it’s a factor.

TL;DR - the government don’t care whether you dance at your cousin’s wedding. They don’t care if you open your curtains or buy a load of meat for a BBQ. But there are certain situations which require extraordinary measures and we are living through one right now. As I said, either every country has simultaneously taken a lurch towards authoritarianism or they are all dealing with the same situation. I’d suggest the latter is a more likely situation given the way restrictions have been imposed and relaxed. Right now there’s virtually no restrictions on our lives in the UK. That may change over this winter, I’d be quite surprised if it doesn’t, but it depends on the data.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ireland reimposing restrictions despite 93% vaccination
    Where did that number come from by the way?

This source says 76%

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html

Still high, but I'm interested where your number comes from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Where did that number come from by the way?

This source says 76%

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html

Still high, but I'm interested where your number comes from.

Adult population (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58522792). Which is all that should matter. Vaccinating kids is criminal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adult population (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58522792). Which is all that should matter. Vaccinating kids is criminal.
    Fair enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something something lamestream, something something propaganda.

Am I doing this right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I doing this right?
    https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068302

Here's the study mentioned, for the curious.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I doing this right?
    you forgot to call anyone a cunt or threaten them with a kicking, but apart from that yes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    quite, it's amazing NQ doesn't get that AI is a bigger threat than any of this Illuminati stuff or whatever crap he keeps coming out with
    You poor bastard.
    Für eure Sicherheit