Page 639 of 707 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Something something lamestream, something something propaganda.

Am I doing this right?
    Oh yes, for sure. You are very good at what you do on here.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    you forgot to call anyone a cunt or threaten them with a kicking, but apart from that yes...
    Forgot to stick Kleenex in your handbag again Dorothy?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shitslinging aside, anyone have a glance at the paper?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Shitslinging aside, anyone have a glance at the paper?
    Yep, I scan read it and assigned it to the pile of other studies and reports. While the death toll in the UK is still being reported as 140K+ none of these studies (pro or anti) have any practical bearing. Other studies, dismissed out of hand by the media drug pushers, tell the opposite story. So what? We can't even get accurate baseline data so what does peer reviewed analysis of garbage give us? All it does is give license to governments to further extend the "2 weeks to flatten the curve". Italy has come clean on some of the real data and the US and UK have both quietly hinted at similar findings. The scam that was built on the back of a pandemic is now so lucrative, in terms of money and power, the environment in which information is generated and exchanged has become hopelessly compromised. The BMA released another, seriously troubling, report a couple of weeks back that hardly anyone mentioned. I put that one on the pile too because nothing will sway the agenda at this point.

After 911 a guy called Thompson (IIRC) took it upon himself to document and timeline every scrap of information about that event he could lay his hands on. Then he made it relational and searchable. Very useful. Somebody needs to do the same with the covid event so it's simple to illustrate how the wearing (or non-wearing) of masks is so far distanced from the pressing issues as to be comical. Remember, these reports aren't being compiled to inform, they are being commissioned as ammunition to support a narrative. I welcome reports like these when delivered as a tool for personal choice. But when they are inevitably cited to ram home the next mandatory measure it's self evident science has been subverted again, despite any original intention.

Another analysis, not requiring resources or peer review but instead just common sense, might suggest people don't go into public spaces if they are symptomatic. After all, the cheap and DIY masks provide zero protection in terms of infection (I think even the taxpayer funded scientists [sic] concede that much). The supposed benefit is to reduce transmission. A Chinese study of around 2 million people found the risk of asymptomatic transmission to be negligible, one in a million or something like that. In the times before covid when most people still had a brain, you stayed at home and generally stayed away from other people if you were coughing and sneezing all over the place. You didn't wear a mask because you weren't in company to begin with. Not sure why we can't go back to that. Seems to have worked quite well for millennia. But if you insist on spluttering your way through the supermarket it's probably a polite concession to wear a mask. We don't live in sensible times any more though. Instead we conclude healthy people should be forced to wear masks and children (who aren't affected) should be abused most of all. It's just a replay of the era of the witch hunts in modern format.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59342607

I wonder if they'll look into wear bears go to the toilet next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59342607

I wonder if they'll look into wear bears go to the toilet next.
    Be interesting to see how many countries were prepared properly for a covid pandemic. I suspect the vast majority of those that were ready will be located in Asia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also in the news this morning, wengerbabies wont be going to Austria

full lockdown & compulsory vaccinations for all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post

Sheesh. I mean, I had a look and cases are going through the roof there so I kinda get some action is needed. But their death rate is still pretty low right now and overall they're not even in the top 60 countries in the world in terms of deaths per million. The forced vaccination is troubling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post

That is correct I will not. I'm actually at the airport on my way back to the UK now, hopefully I'm not making a mistake and don't get stuck there, but it seems for once we are actually one of the relatively sane countries so taking advantage of it while I can before back to Mexico I guess.

Been in Eastern Europe the last few months and here it's very relaxed no one gives a fuck many locals are very against the vax, but it's too cold to stay much longer.

Seems Eastern Europe and Latin America are the last two bastions of freedom, ironic really.

Do you have any thoughts on the mandatory vaccines in Austria?

That was just another conspiracy theory a few months ago, which countries will follow?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    it seems for once we are actually one of the relatively sane countries
    I'm not sure about sane - Johnson's "do nothing and hope it'll all be fine" approach was a mess last year and led to us having one of the worst deaths per million in the world, by the time he realised it wasn't fine and he had to do something the measures were taken far too late to have much of an impact.
    But the vaccine rollout has been good so credit where it's due there. It's seen us fall out of the top 25 in terms of deaths per million. You may wish to argue that it's actually herd/natural immunity and not the vaccine because so many people got infected last year and you may have a point.
    Overall though, Johnson does seem to have erred on the side of people's liberty. NQ even commended the government for that last year.
    I am dead against Vaccine Passports and definitely against forced vaccination. I don't buy into the stuff about it being "experimental". Vaccines are hardly new and even the RNA ones are not as new as some people are making out. They're not just injecting millions of people with some experimental cocktail and hoping for the best, we would surely have seen a spike in deaths relating to the vaccine by now and we haven't. But forced vaccination is a very dangerous precedent and given Johnson's general stance on liberty I'd be very surprised if he goes down that road.
    I was talking to my father in law about all this a while back - I was saying I'm against "no jab, no job" - and he noted that he once worked in a prison and had to have a Hep B vaccine before he was allowed to. So while I'm against it, it's not as unprecedented as you might think.