Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Chatting to a mate this morning.
    He was saying that if Boris tells people to not see family at Christmas he’s probably going to basically ignore it. And this is the trouble for Boris. Stuff like the Christmas party just bounces off him. But if it’s seen that he’s lost the moral authority to lead and it’s going to lead to mass civil disobedience then the party might have to do something.

Also. Major Waaaaave!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59621029
    Major wave... Like the one we had in July when everyone was dropping like flies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hospitals are overwhelmed....

https://www.gloria.tv/post/ZEbpauhp2rjm3hAxEtUe4VSne

...with crisis actors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So…when I spoke to that ICU doctor. His hospital was full of actors last winter?
    If so then I must commend their method acting given how many of them died.

I wonder who hires these actors and why.
    Obviously I don’t know what that girl is saying as it’s German, although I do know a German I can ask later for a translation.
    But it’s quite a leap from some kid being an idiot and messing around pretending to be ill and “ThE HoSpItAlS ArE FuLl Of CrIsIs AcToRs!!1!”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the government said that the homeless wouldn't be on the streets last Xmas didn't say where they would be homed though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris to address the nation at 8pm.

“Fingers on buzzers, your first question is….”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alert level raised to 4.
    Are you absolutely sure you want to do that, sir?
    It will mean changing the bulb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should match the alert level to the number of boosters you need to make the miraculous vaccine work. Operation Omicron Booster! Sick people with serious medical conditions need not apply - get to the back of the long and growing queue. Oh, and keep on paying your fees. How outrageous does it need to get? Guess they'll need a new Greek letter next year to cover up the amount of deaths they are writing today - to save lives.

Anyway, I'm taking bets on that threat level going up just a few days before Christmas. Anyone want to take that bet?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Anyway, I'm taking bets on that threat level going up just a few days before Christmas. Anyone want to take that bet?
    I do not.

I was talking to a mate from church on Saturday - one of the leaders, no less - who said his attitude was basically that after the Number 10 Christmas Party fiasco, if Boris tries to tell us not to see family at Christmas than he's going to basically ignore it. Some did ignore it last year of course, but a lot more will this year. People have had enough and with these recent revelations Boris has basically lost what little moral authority he had to lead. The national mood does feel noticeably more mutinous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I do not.

I was talking to a mate from church on Saturday - one of the leaders, no less - who said his attitude was basically that after the Number 10 Christmas Party fiasco, if Boris tries to tell us not to see family at Christmas than he's going to basically ignore it. Some did ignore it last year of course, but a lot more will this year. People have had enough and with these recent revelations Boris has basically lost what little moral authority he had to lead. The national mood does feel noticeably more mutinous.
    i don't think they will tell people not to see close family - i think they need to focus on jabs and masks - if people realise the alternative is a lot worse, even the non-mask wearing idiots will realise it's better to wear one, as opposed to their not being able to go out because everything's closed...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did have a look at booking a booster today. The NHS site is rubbish. It kicks you back in to the queue without warning if you take too long and then the stupid thing crashed on me