Page 665 of 707 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    But okay fine he won't be on CNN or BBC but why are Youtube censoring him and banning such videos?
    The issue of YouTube censorship is something I have mixed views about.
    I know they censor flat earth content - I’m not sure if they remove the videos but they certainly flag them as untrue. Should they? It makes them the arbiter of truth. And does it really matter if people want to believe in the earth being flat? Up to a point it doesn’t. But I do think truth is important and it is worrying how people increasingly fall down conspiracy theory rabbit holes.

With other things, there are potential health implications for misinformation.
    If someone on here started posting how, I dunno, drinking bleach is a good way of preventing Covid then should I just let that go? What if someone drinks bleach and then dies? That’s on me, isn’t it? Shouldn’t I do something?

I see this whole area as problematic. I don’t like the idea of censorship but I do think there is an increasing problem of misinformation which needs dealing with. The real issue is who decides what is true and what isn’t? What information is harmful and what isnt?

I don’t have a good answer but I do think misinformation and how to tell fact from lie is increasingly difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we aren’t in a lockdown by Christmas, its almost certain we will be for the new year.

This uncertainty is not sustainable, people cant make plans at all as you have no idea whether things will be cancelled or not. Earlier this year, the government said “15 million jabs for freedom” when we were in the lockdown and people bought into that. The vaccine was here so lets give it a chance.

Now, it seems they meant 15 million jabs per person!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone thought we were going to get through this winter without any restrictions.
    I'd be surprised if they announce a lockdown for Christmas because it's too close now and after the Number 10 Party debacle are people going to listen?
    The question is whether the rise in cases will be followed by a rise in hospitalisations. It hasn't so far but there is always a delay - in which case it's too late to lock down now anyway.

I was at a carol service last night. Most people were wearing masks but not all...and then we all went in to the other room for some food anyway so those of us who were wearing masks took them all off anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a positive LFT test yesterday and I feel like shit.

Wear your masks, people.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a conspiracy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post

Now, it seems they meant 15 million jabs per person!
    Glad to see you're waking up. You're young (and I assume healthy) so presumably you only got the vaxx "to get your freedom back", now you realise you're never getting it back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Glad to see you're waking up. You're young (and I assume healthy) so presumably you only got the vaxx "to get your freedom back", now you realise you're never getting it back.
    Why are "they" only restricting our freedoms during winter when the cases are high?
    Did they not want to restrict us from June onwards when everything was open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why are "they" only restricting our freedoms during winter when the cases are high?
    Did they not want to restrict us from June onwards when everything was open?
    I still don't know why you indulge such obvious trolls.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I still don't know why you indulge such obvious trolls.
    Partly to try and stop other people falling down the same conspiracy theory rabbit holes he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I had a positive LFT test yesterday and I feel like shit.

Wear your masks, people.
    Half of my team have it so we’ve just packed up for Christmas, no point carrying on this week.

This definitely seems like the most transmissible strain. I know so many people who’ve had it since November.