Page 671 of 707 FirstFirst ... 171571621661669670671672673681 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If a test that absolutely does not work (which is why follow-up PCR tests are demanded, which also do not work) says no
    This assertion you keep making that the tests don’t work.
    I’ve not done any tests throughout this thing, I always resented the idea of doing them tbh.
    But when I wasn’t looking MrsL ordered some lateral flow tests.
    She was feeling really rough the week before Christmas and at times was quite breathless going up stairs. She didn’t tell me that last bit last week and I didn’t think it was Covid but on Christmas Day her taste and smell went funny so she took a test. Lit up like a Christmas tree, ironically. She did a second test and it did the same. I tested myself and that was negative - which I was a bit surprised by but I’ve not had any symptoms.
    Boxing Day I tested our boy (lateral flow testing a 4 year old - 2 stars, would not recommend) and he was negative. I tested him again yesterday, and myself, and they were both negative again. MrsL tested herself again yesterday and it was positive again but the line was noticeably fainter and took longer to appear. Given the worst seems to be over for her that makes sense and I’m hoping in a couple of days she’ll test negative so we can do some family stuff.

Point being, do the tests work? All I can sensibly say from the above is the results I’ve seen have been consistent - the same person, who was experiencing symptoms, tested positive multiple times. The people who tested negative and who had no symptoms did so consistently too.

PCR we’ve spoken about before and the general wisdom there seems to be that you need to be careful about how many cycles you do to avoid false positives.

TL;DR - if by “don’t work” you mean they’re not 100% reliable then I’d suggest that is simultaneously true and not a sensible definition. That would apply to any test in the history of testing. But the lateral flow tests I’ve done gave consistent results and the PCR ones are generally thought to be more reliable by experts in the field if you do them right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MrsL tested negative yesterday
    …and now I’m testing positive
    Feels like a bit of a head cold so far. Certainly nothing I’d be testing for or seeking treatment for in normal times. But then I am young* and in peak physical condition**

*sort of
    ** fake news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    MrsL tested negative yesterday
    …and now I’m testing positive
    Feels like a bit of a head cold so far. Certainly nothing I’d be testing for or seeking treatment for in normal times. But then I am young* and in peak physical condition**

*sort of
    ** fake news
    Ok, take care mate, as you've had your jabs it shouldn't be too bad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s been fine. I’ve been a bit coldy but that’s about it.
    It’s probably Omicron, or Covid Lite as I like to call it.

I have spotted a slight flaw in the Covid Pass thing though. I looked in to it ahead of a trip to see the Masters Snooker next Sunday, so long as it doesn’t get moved behind closed doors and I’m testing negative by then.

I got the pass ok, I guess based on my vaccination record.
    The test stuff seems to be based entirely on people honestly reporting their results.
    I didn’t report mine, not as part of some plan, I just didn’t bother to.
    So it seems that you can get jabbed and then have a test which lights up like a Christmas Tree. So long as you don’t tell anyone about that you can do what you like

What could possibly go wrong?

If this lot are authoritarian then they are bloody rubbish at it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many people in England are wise to the scamdemic now so a lockdown couldn't be forced through without the huge risk of open revolt. That's the good news. The bad news is the cunts have decided to get their own back by abusing kids again. This won't end until the pitchforks are out and the intention is focused.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it seems that you can get jabbed and then have a test which lights up like a Christmas Tree. So long as you don’t tell anyone about that you can do what you like

What could possibly go wrong?

If this lot are authoritarian then they are bloody rubbish at it
    That's why the vaxxed are the superspreaders.

The nonsensical aspect reaches new heights when you consider international travel.

To enter Spain you need to be vaxxed, no testing option. You don't need a test if you're vaxxed. A Spaniard on holiday in Ireland tested positive, this meant he'd have to quarantine in Ireland but instead he booked a flight back to Spain and is free over there, he was also symptomatic.

It's pretty clear this isn't about controlling the spread, they want you to take the vaccine for whatever other reason and you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to figure that out, it's logic 101.

SO now you've had it will you be going for any more boosters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much air time should they give to every single fringe view?
    Back to this.

Dr. Robert Malone has recently been banned from Twitter. He is credited with inventing mRNA vaccines, is his a fringe view that should be ignored?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it’s not shared by the majority of his peers then yes.
    He didn’t invent mRNA vaccines and is only credited by himself as having done so. No one person invented them. But he did perform an experiment which was a stepping stone towards them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re so desperate to control us, aren’t they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59853621

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re so desperate to control us, aren’t they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59853621
    It's not fair, i demand troops on the streets now!