Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    rip in peace
    By the way, a friend said "LFT Test" to me the other day. What a blunder! Boy was he red faced!
    It's like people who say "PIN Number". What does the N stand for, chum-p?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tested positive again this morning
    Stop needlessly testing, you're part of the problem. How do you feel?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Stop needlessly testing, you're part of the problem. How do you feel?
    I'm testing to see if I can go out
    If it makes you feel better, I'm not reporting the results.

And why are you comparing smoke particles with the virus?
    The valid comparison is with the droplets which people exhale or sneeze/cough out which contain the virus, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Oh, and I feel fine thanks. My guess is it's Omicron, or Covid Lite™ as I like to call it.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris sticking with Plan B.
    He's the worst authoritarian ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    (Oh, and I feel fine thanks. My guess is it's Omicron, or Covid Lite™ as I like to call it.)
    When did you have it the first time?

I got it at the start of November with mild symptoms and recovered.

Then attended a wedding at the end of the month and me and my group of friends felt rough as shit, a couple tested positive while the rest of us were negative. I had worse symptoms than when I had a positive test, horrible cough and sore throat yet my tests were negative.

Fuck knows how this works but I think I may have had it twice without knowing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had a few coughs and colds during autumn, never anything much and I didn’t do any tests.
    The week before Christmas MrsL started feeling quite rough. We didn’t think it was Covid but then her taste and smell went on Christmas Day so she did a test. We did 2 actually as neither of us had done one before. Both positive. I tested negative then and on the 27th.
    Then last Thursday when she got her first negative test I tested positive
    I’d had some symptoms the evening before, but really mild - very slight headache and sore throat but barely noticeable. Since then it’s been like a pretty mild cold but I tested positive again today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing i find interesting is that it seems the UK is a bit of an outlier in terms of providing free tests compared to many countries.

There are regular cries on social media that the tories wasted 37 billion on test & trace (ignoring the fact that is a budget not the actual spend) yet we can order 7 lateral flow tests per person per day. PCR tests are also free and we regularly carry out 1.5 million of these a day. When you include lateral flows, suspect that number is significantly higher. All for free (yes i know that taxes does not make them free, but we do not have to pay extra)

Yet many countries such as the US & Germany and others, charge for these, especially lateral flows. I think Germany sell 5 tests for 25 euros. This means you see on twitter many politicians saying germany has it right because htey spent less on test & trace however people have to pay for their tests and who is likely to do that just to test on the off chance you have the virus? At least here, because they are free, people are more likely to test before going out but I wouldn’t pay for it myself.

So i guess I’m wondering if those that regularly post on twitter that the government are evil bastards for spending 37 billion would be happy if they spent significantly less and made people pay for the tests like most other countries. I suspect not and suspect they would start arguing that evil tories want to kill people by refusing free tests.

I do believe when boris Johnson said we would have a world beating testing system, he was right. It was built from scratch at the start when we barely did 10k tests a day to now over 1.5 million a day excluding lateral flows. Germany at the start was hailed as the gold standard for testing, they have carried out approximately 100 million tests during covid. Uk has carried out over 400 million. Along with the vaccination program, this in my opinion is a genuine world beating system and the government deserves credit for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my first negative test today
    One more tomorrow and I'll be off clubbing with Wengerbabies and licking strangers

Oh and yes, the people complaining about all the tax money being spent on tests would be complaining if we had to pay for them, so...