User Tag List

Page 680 of 707 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So anyway. The disease followed the well understood, already planned for course that virtually every other disease has followed. All the protocols, all the planning, all the established and practised science was sufficient. All the stuff that transferred 14 billion dollars to the ultra rich and breezed through new draconian powers for tinpot dictators was... bullshit. Unscientific. Ruined a lot of people. Killed a lot of people. Will kill more people in the coming years. And drove a wedge through the nation.

Remind me why we ned the "leaders" and "experts" again.

Now all that remains is to find out just how dangerous these vaccines are. Genuinely, I hope they are harmless. But, given the track records of companies like Pfizer and horrific demons like Fauci and Gates, I have concerns. Not personal concerns, because obviously I didn't take that shit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant TRILLION dollars.

It's so huge you can't get your head around it. It's so beyond belief I guess a lot of people just tune it out.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On to global warming guys! Let's do it all again.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggest you go all the way back and watch this guy from the start. His transformation from a puppet of society to a shocked and aware individual is a little bit sad, but them's the price you pay for sleeping through your life.

Some people will never admit they were duped. They don't have the spine for it. But this guy finally sees.

What about you? Has a different bell woken you up yet?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What did you avoid? Well, come on, you are the one avoiding it so why ask me?
    I'm not intentionally avoiding anything. So I needed you to clarify what you meant

But, okay. The discussion was about the relationship between the government and the governed and the bills and laws that radically alter that relationship. And the 14 trillion dollars.
    I'm pretty sure I've dealt with all of that. But in order:
    I don't think the relationship has changed - I asked you to clarify that, how has it changed?
    I've acknowledged that there are concerns in the bills and laws but I actually don't think they'll make as much difference as you suppose - I could be wrong about that, we will see.
    I've also acknowledged that yes, of course certain people have used this situation to enrich themselves. That doesn't mean the situation was engineered.

You turned it into another round about the current state of restrictions. Are you allowed or not allowed, etc?
    When the restrictions are in place you say - "The Data".
    When the restrictions are lifted you say - Not very good authoritarians
    Well that's certainly not all I said. But yes. I believe this is a situation which required a response. The restrictions were that response and those restrictions have consistently followed the data.
    But it wasn't a slide into an authoritarian regime which you claimed it would be with your dystopian predictions.
    Those demonstrably haven't come true. Why do you never acknowledge you got that wrong?
    I also happen to think the government made a lot of mistakes in their response by the way, but that's a separate discussion.

Any actual science, legal discourse, precedent, historical foundation, anything at all that doesn't impact immediate events within the square yard you occupy at any given time is of zero consideration.
    The problem I have with the first part of that is that your definition of "actual science" tends to be "stuff you agree with". When I've posted science stuff which doesn't you label it propaganda
    The irony being that you follow some YouTube channels which are basically pure propaganda, telling people what they want to hear for the likes and subscribes.
    I'm happy to admit my history is poor so there may be some context I'm missing. But I don't believe anything has fundamentally or permanently changed.
    There was a situation, the government took unprecedented steps to deal with it but those steps were temporary. People who said that it was part of a slide into a totalitarian regime were demonstrably wrong.
    You want to go down the pub - something you said was under attack - well what's stopping you? They're all open. There's no early closing time now.

So, they said you are ALLOWED to do shit now? And I say they never had the moral or lawful privilege to say such things in the first place. That's what you are avoiding and voiding. The very principles behind law, human rights, government and representation.
    OK. Well, you're wrong. They are the government, they are our elected representatives and that does give them the privilege to make the laws. Laws, by definition, tell us what we are allowed or not allowed to do.
    You might disagree with that whole principle, but that's the deal in this country.
    Our government aren't, in general, interested in controlling the minutiae of our lives. So it's pretty much unprecedented for there to be laws about whether we can see friends or go to the pub and so on.
    But it's been a pretty much unprecedented situation.
    We've talked about the War before - the government made laws which said people couldn't open their curtains in the evening with the lights on. They made laws about how much stuff people could buy. Was that the start of a totalitarian regime? No, they were temporary restrictions on people's lives which were designed to deal with a situation. When the situation changed the restrictions were rolled back. Exactly the same thing has happened over the last couple of years. You may disagree with the principle of a government who has the power to make such laws but that's what we have in this country and that isn't new.

So sure, the government may have used the opportunity to pass some laws when no-one was looking - as I've said though, I don't believe those will make as much difference as you think.
    And sure, certain people will always use a situation like this to enrich themselves.
    But I don't believe anything has actually changed about the relationship between the government and the governed. They have the power to oppress and control us if they really want to, they always have had that power. It just happens that they don't want to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people will never admit they were duped. They don't have the spine for it. But this guy finally sees.
    Why do you think this stat about people who only die from Covid is relevant?
    The death rate in developed nations - which have an older and therefore iller population - is a lot higher than in less developed nations.
    It feels like a bit of a red herring or straw man. I don't think many people think that Covid is dangerous for young and healthy people.
    But there are LOT of people in the UK who aren't young or aren't healthy.
    So it was still potentially dangerous to a significant percentage of the population and thus required a response.
    But I agree the response was all wrong and will cause a lot of extra deaths because of missed diagnoses and treatments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do I think honest and scientific measurement of medical data on which peoples lives rely and billions of taxpayer money is spent is important? Maybe it's not. We do have "The Science" now and Ferguson's armageddon algorithms.

All that misreported bullshit in the media - or "The Data" as you call it. Follow "The Data", follow "The Science", follow the "experts" who have shares in Pfizer.

Like I said, didn't take a lot to pull the wool.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do I think honest and scientific measurement of medical data on which peoples lives rely and billions of taxpayer money is spent is important?
    Dude, come on!
    You accuse me of avoiding issues, you accuse me of misrepresenting what you say and then you come up with a response like this?
    How about dealing with what I actually said.

The idea that Covid is not dangerous to young, healthy people is not controversial. And sure, there have been some hysterical "hide under your beds" responses to it in the media which I agree are unhelpful.
    BUT, there is a significant percentage of the population who are not young and/or healthy. Which means I believe this is a situation which demanded a response.
    I don't think that shutting down the country for a year was the correct response, for the record. If that's your - and that YouTube dude* bloke's point then fine.
    *who I have been following a bit here and there, seems like he's not a nutter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Dude, come on!
    You accuse me of avoiding issues, you accuse me of misrepresenting what you say and then you come up with a response like this?
    How about dealing with what I actually said.

The idea that Covid is not dangerous to young, healthy people is not controversial. And sure, there have been some hysterical "hide under your beds" responses to it in the media which I agree are unhelpful.
    BUT, there is a significant percentage of the population who are not young and/or healthy. Which means I believe this is a situation which demanded a response.
    I don't think that shutting down the country for a year was the correct response, for the record. If that's your - and that YouTube dude* bloke's point then fine.
    *who I have been following a bit here and there, seems like he's not a nutter.
    You've repeated what you have repeated so many times before. I've dealt with it many times before. How many times will suit you? The narrative is falling to pieces in front of your eyes. But you claim it's because the state has been following data (that is being discredited as we speak by the very same organisations that blasted it out 24/7) and it's perfectly reasonable restrictions are being lifted (not that we were talking about restrictions, but whatever). It's just another one of those wild coincidences that Boris the libertarian has leaped into action at this particular moment. So many coincidences. A few people got rich. Happens. Again. And again. And again. It's the constancy of coincidence, that makes it so commonplace. Really. There's nothing to see.

So yeah, I saw that post from you on the other 500 occasions. As I said, gear up for the next one and get your talking points and apologies in a row.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Covid is another flu, except slightly less dangerous to younger people. Makes you wonder about the panic. If the panic had never occurred then all those new laws could never have been passed without scrutiny and 14 trillion dollars couldn't have been stolen from working people and handed to billionaires. Ah well. Lesson learned. No way we'll fall for the global warming scam - right? I mean, once bitten - or if you think about all the other shit, 999 time bitten. But 1,000 is our absolute limit. No cunt is stupid enough to be fooled a thousand times.

Is he?
    Für eure Sicherheit