Page 689 of 707 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    "And while anyone can catch monkeypox, the outbreak is overwhelmingly concentrated in gay and bisexual men, as well as other men who have sex with men."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62279436

so who here is worried?
    1) Your wife
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any of you covidians willing to admit you were duped yet?

How many boosters y'all on now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t you spend the last 2 years saying that the lockdowns were permanent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post

I love the Covid deniers as if everyone but them are the credulous ones

Not believing everything you’re told is one thing, and on balance it’s reasonable and sensible. Even so called experts get things wrong, Covid can be picked up on surfaces…outdoor transmission is just as much of a risk as indoor transmission, don’t wear masks became do wear masks.
    The CDC mandated mask wearing for toddlers based on research that’s complete nonsense and masking kids that age is stupid and cruel.
    But given the spread of the virus it was sensible to implement some kind of lockdown until we had a vaccine which we know doesn’t necessarily prevent you from getting it but it means you’re far less likely to become seriously ill as a result. Boosters for this are no different from winter flu jabs.
    At the same time I actually think having skepticism towards lockdowns is a good thing to a degree, one should not trust that the type of laws that were the most draconian in terms of free movement and association since the Second World War would not be abused in some way…and it was right to levy some kind of pressure to make sure such laws were not implemented arbitrarily or for any longer than necessary.
    For instance I think the lockdown laws in the Antepodean countries were massively over the top and ruinous to peoples mental health, personal freedoms and to their economy.
    But widespread public health measures are not something new and in any society there are always trade offs.
    One thing I have to say is that the British public were largely sensible in their views, they supported restrictions until they didn’t (when the bed shitters were calling for restrictions with the Omicron variant, the British public in polling made it clear they didn’t want this).
    Now equally I believe in freedom of choice, I had the vaccine and the booster, I know people that did not or at least were reluctant (again totally understandable) but the amount of demonstrably false bullshit about the effects of the vaccine were laughable (or would be if they weren’t totally irresponsible). When Kate McCann fainted last night these rancid fuckwits had to peddle the anti vax narrative even then.
    Just can’t help themselves.

I do get it, people don’t like being told what to do either by legal injunction or by societal pressure. But there’s no need to lie about it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From October 2021:
    Lockdown coming soon then...
    Didn't happen.

From Nov 2021:
    Ireland reimposing restrictions despite 93% vaccination, still think this is going to end?
    ...it seems to have ended. Currently no restrictions in place even if you test positive you don't have to isolate.

Also Nov 2021:
    Of course it was preparing us. Two years ago you'd never think it would be illegal to hug your parents, or any of the other bullshit, now we're waiting, condition to expect and accept another lockdown. Part of the new normal.
    No lockdowns since this post. From the same post:

Vax passports on our phone are to get us used to checking in at every location, soon that will be the new normal.
    Long since rolled back.

So...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TL;DR - try some introspection. Why are certain people so bad at that?

Late 2020 I was having a debate with my nephew. He's a doom-monger and was saying that there would be a load of Covid deaths over the winter. I said no there wouldn't and my reasoning was that at the time while cases were increasing, hospitalisations and deaths weren't.
    I was wrong. I realised I was wrong when I saw the data. So I thought about why I was wrong. Basically, I'd not considered that there's a natural lag between cases, hospitalisations and a lag between those and deaths.

Why do certain people not do that? They make confident predictions like they're the ones who have it all figured out.
    Then when the exact opposite happens they just double down and still think they're the ones who have it all figured out.
    They never admit they were wrong or stop to think why they were wrong. They just move on to the next thing with the same confidence.
    Odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because they are stupid.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    It's because they are stupid.
    I don't know about that. There are some psychological traps people fall into which we are all prone to.
    Only thing you can do is to be aware of them and be introspective.
    If people can't honestly look back at their opinions/predictions in the light of new information and unfolding events, admit they were wrong and consider why then they are doomed to repeat their mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like herpes, just when you think it is gone, WB just keeps coming back.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.