0 Thread(s)
    I think he thinks he’s made a point

(He hasn’t)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockdown effects feared to be killing more people than Covid

Unexplained excess deaths outstrip those from virus as medics call figures ‘terrifying’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-people-covid/

Hate to say I told you so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post

Unexplained excess deaths outstrip those from virus as medics call figures ‘terrifying’

Those two doctors were run off social media and had their practices targeted for stating the obvious. It was all discussed here on this forum with the usual suspects chiming in to laugh at the "conspiracy theorists".

Wouldn't in the least bit surprise me if the same wankers now piled in with, "Duh, everyone knows this is obvious."
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naw reading the thread but all throughout Covid I thought the lockdowns done more harm than good. They were absolutely ridiculous.

I'm a huge proponent of the vaccine for the vulnerable, have had 2 doses myself (although I only took them to satisfy travel requirements) so in no way an demented anti vaxxer...but the lockdowns were a fuckin abomination and moat of society fell into some bootlicking 'the stricter the restrictions the better...' mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus Pandemic

The story is behind a paywall.

Of a mainstream media outlet. So no doubt NQ thinks it’s a load of shit and is about to stick up on masks and hazmat suits for the winter.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post

Yeah, you sure told us. Everyone else was right behind lockdown and thought we should all hide under our beds but you uniquely had the foresight that we all lacked.

Except, no, if you look at the chat in this thread at the time pretty much everyone thought lockdown was bullshit and a massive overreaction. Top post of this page for example from me
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...=4687&page=254
    But that was the general sentiment from most people on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covid-19: 'Very rare' vaccine complications led to Alston man's death

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-62590403

This just means its working!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Naw reading the thread but all throughout Covid I thought the lockdowns done more harm than good. They were absolutely ridiculous.

I'm a huge proponent of the vaccine for the vulnerable, have had 2 doses myself (although I only took them to satisfy travel requirements) so in no way an demented anti vaxxer...but the lockdowns were a fuckin abomination and moat of society fell into some bootlicking 'the stricter the restrictions the better...' mentality.
    Imagine taking an experimental drug just so you can travel. I travelled throughout, never took a clot shot, never will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    The story is behind a paywall.

Of a mainstream media outlet. So no doubt NQ thinks it’s a load of shit and is about to stick up on masks and hazmat suits for the winter.
    Non-paywall article https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/1955...le-than-covid/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post

Pretty much everyone thought that. It's all here in this thread. Wengerbabies is now pretending he was uniquely prescient about that.
    My take is and always has been that it was a situation which required a response, but locking down the entire population and economy was the wrong response which always felt like it could do more harm than good. I think most people felt that way - obviously you had some extremes, on one end people who thought we should all be hiding under our beds, on the other people who felt there was nothing to see here and we should just all get on with it.