User Tag List

Page 70 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

But, from what I have seen so far, we live in a nation with a comparatively moderate government, populated by mainly decent people. That's a plus.
    For which read : "a bunch of lying, cheating fraudulent pro-leave extremists whose chief activity over the last decade has been to systematically undermine basic honesty, decency and respect for the truth"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be seriously fucked off if the selfish wankers out there mean a blanket ban on exercise.

Some people in this world exercise every day to keep sound in body and mind. I go out running early, probably see two or three people, making sure I cross the road. If all exercise outside of the home is banned, there will be serious consequences for those who rely on it.

Why can’t people just do as they’re asked. It’s a short time in their existence to just fucking protect other human beings from a disease that seems to be very easily transmitted....and leathal in lots of cases.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    For which read : "a bunch of lying, cheating fraudulent pro-leave extremists whose chief activity over the last decade has been to systematically undermine basic honesty, decency and respect for the truth"
    Dude, ALL politicians are lying, cheating frauds. That's the job. But there's a big difference between goose-steppers and nest feathering, term limited bureaucrats. At least with the latter the people can choose to get a clue and force their government to find new but more equitable ways to cheat us. And little by little.

Trouble is, too many people can't be arsed. This, in itself, is an indication we live in a relatively comfortable and stable environment.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I will be seriously fucked off if the selfish wankers out there mean a blanket ban on exercise.

Some people in this world exercise every day to keep sound in body and mind. I go out running early, probably see two or three people, making sure I cross the road. If all exercise outside of the home is banned, there will be serious consequences for those who rely on it.

Why can’t people just do as they’re asked. It’s a short time in their existence to just fucking protect other human beings from a disease that seems to be very easily transmitted....and leathal in lots of cases.
    I doubt they'll go that far. They've been talking about physical and mental health issues from day 1. Somewhere behind the scenes somebody has made this a priority. But if selfish dickery is contagious, who knows?

Would love to know why the airports and ports are still open though. Maybe taking care of that would encourage more people to play along. But when they see these contradictions, maybe they just say fuck it? Covering off those contradictions could only help.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing coming out of this pandemic is that global demand for oil and gas has dropped drastically as transport by land, sea and air has crashed significantly. Scientists who are monitoring these things already report a reduction in the carbon content in the atmosphere in less than 2 months. Oil price is down too maybe as a result of other actors but lower demand always drives down the price of a commodity. Maybe when we emerge from this we may need to reassess our daily need to actually travel 20 miles each day to do our jobs. Not every job needs people to be physically in one central place. i suggested long ago that instead of all of us travelling long distances to press a computer keyboard we could be doing the same from our homes or from day hire offices a walking distance from our residences. Maybe 5G is what this is going to spur. You can be conferencing with hundreds of other coworkers in virtual offices. The climate change reversal may be at hand in the guise of a biological emergency.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The one thing coming out of this pandemic is that global demand for oil and gas has dropped drastically as transport by land, sea and air has crashed significantly. Scientists who are monitoring these things already report a reduction in the carbon content in the atmosphere in less than 2 months. Oil price is down too maybe as a result of other actors but lower demand always drives down the price of a commodity. Maybe when we emerge from this we may need to reassess our daily need to actually travel 20 miles each day to do our jobs. Not every job needs people to be physically in one central place. i suggested long ago that instead of all of us travelling long distances to press a computer keyboard we could be doing the same from our homes or from day hire offices a walking distance from our residences. Maybe 5G is what this is going to spur. You can be conferencing with hundreds of other coworkers in virtual offices. The climate change reversal may be at hand in the guise of a biological emergency.
    I'd like to think so, even though I don't ever underestimate people's ability to just go back to what they were doing and trash the environment regardless, but if companies decide it saves time and money for people to travel less, there will be a big push towards that

I'd also love to see flights for holidays curtailed to once per year for each person, but that would be too interventionist for most people

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest rise in cases yet for the UK, 5,903.

621 deaths - hospital deaths that is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'd also love to see flights for holidays curtailed to once per year for each person
    How are people supposed to get home again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    How are people supposed to get home again
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Doesn't it? Daily kickabout with the kid. A nice environment to go cold turkey from the lack of alcohol.
    Have you moved to Saudi Arabia?

I had a bottle of 12 star Metaxa delivered on Friday.

Supplies are running low, I may need to order more.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.