Page 701 of 707 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    It's almost as if there is something else going on behind the scenes...
    oh no don't tell me you're a conspiracy theorist too... tell us, who's behind the Big Plot? the Illuminati? the lizard people?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost as if there is something else going on behind the scenes...
    And what's the "something"?
    Because all your bullshit about the lockdowns being here to stay have been proven completely wrong.
    So what's the narrative now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ireland reimposing restrictions despite 93% vaccination, still think this is going to end?
    Yeah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah
    Conditioning for the climate lockdowns to come. Get ready for your 15 minute city ULEZ is the beginning. You're Britcoins won't work if you ate too much meat this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubling down despite being shown to be wrong

Silly you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Doubling down despite being shown to be wrong

Silly you
    Silly him? In all honesty, how the hell would you know? You are the most uninformed person here. And you have absolute contempt for those who inform themselves. Your blind trust in nanny is all you ever need. I have zero doubt you've been keeping up with "The Science" since Covid left the headlines. You should dig in. Then you'll be able to figure who's silliest of all.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conditioning for the climate lockdowns to come. Get ready for your 15 minute city ULEZ is the beginning. You're Britcoins won't work if you ate too much meat this week.
    The Danish study on vaccine batches is eye opening. Luckily for these farts here, most of them had saline injected. Others weren't as fortunate.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Silly him? In all honesty, how the hell would you know?
    Because of the things he posts.
    For example, the post I've quoted "Ireland reimposing restrictions despite 93% vaccination, still think this is going to end?".
    His rhetoric was that the restrictions and lockdowns were here to stay. Because ItS aLl AbOuT cOnTrOl.
    Was it? Really? It was about control, was it? So "they" wanted to control the minutiae of our lives, did they?
    Whether we can go to weddings. Whether we can go to the theatre or pubs.
    Whether we can hug our relatives. The powers that be wanted to control things like that in such an extreme way.

But they only wanted to control that for a certain period of time and then...what, they just decided they didn't want to do that any more and it was back to BAU? There is, of course, an alternative explanation. Maybe, and bear with me here, but just maybe they were doing things in an attempt to prevent the spread of a new disease which seemed to be killing a lot of people. As I said about a MILLION TIMES, we can talk about whether the restrictions were the right ones. I think most people, looking back, would say "No they bloody weren't". Even at the time most of us were calling bullshit on extended lockdowns when the data was showing that Covid really wasn't that dangerous for most people. But the "It's all about control" narrative makes zero sense given the fact that all the restrictions have ended now. And given that they have ended, Wengerbabies got it wrong, didn't he? There's no debate to be had there. He said these things wouldn't end. They ended. To me it was obvious at the time he was going to be wrong but ok, let's accept that none of us know the future for sure. But what's his reaction to being wrong? It's to just double down: "Conditioning for the climate lockdowns to come" and

So yeah. He's silly.

If someone makes wild predictions and they're shown to be wrong then they should at least have the grace to admit it. While we're here, it wouldn't hurt if they took a moment to have a think about why they got it so wrong. If someone said during the height of the pandemic that curfews "weren't far away", for example, and went on to say that there would need to be checkpoints to enforce them then when none of that materialises it would be pretty silly of them to refuse to admit they were wrong, wouldn't it?
    The reason people like Wengerbabies get these things wrong, if you're interested, is that their worldview involves such an extreme distrust of authority and "the mainstream" that it leads them to pretty wild conclusions. The mystery is why they don't compare their predictions to unfolding events, realise they were wrong and conclude it's because their underlying assumptions were wrong.

You are the most uninformed person here. And you have absolute contempt for those who inform themselves.
    People watching YouTube channels or reading blogs they agree with isn't them "informing themselves". They're not "doing their own research".
    I don't have contempt for people who do that. I just think they're silly. Especially when the conclusions they come to are demonstrably wrong.

Your blind trust in nanny is all you ever need.
    The test of a good model is it's ability to explain things and make predictions.
    My model if reality - that we have incompetent and self-serving leaders, but they're not hell-bent on controlling the minutiae of our lives - led me to believe that the restrictions, while misguided, were attempts by an inept government to deal with "a situation". I expected the restrictions to change as the situation did - which is what happened. I didn't expect them to persist indefinitely and they didn't, although they did go on longer than I thought they would.
    Wengerbabies' model seems to be that "they" are out to get us. Models like that do lend themselves to conclusions like indefinite restrictions - which isn't what happened - or that, say, they are "gearing up for marshal law". If someone's distrust of authority is extreme enough then it leads then to hear about the army delivering tests door to door in Birmingham and concluding from the fact they're in uniform that it's to "get us used to the presence of the army on the streets". I mean, obviously a silly conclusion, but it's one which certain extreme worldviews can lead you to.
    So I'm pretty content that my model of reality is closer to the truth than his.

I have zero doubt you've been keeping up with "The Science" since Covid left the headlines. You should dig in. Then you'll be able to figure who's silliest of all.
    I haven't really but you're welcome to post the relevant papers.
    Although I'm sceptical of your ability to draw the right conclusions from them given your track record.
    I'm quite content to believe you do a lot more reading than I do. But you've shown your ability to draw valid conclusions is suspect.
    I'd cite your proclamation that the WHO admitted that the PCR tests didn't work. The reality, looking at the WHO site at the time you posted that, is that they basically said "RTFM" and that when used properly they were the most accurate tests. Your claim about what the WHO said was so detached from the reality of what they actually said. And it's the same reason as Wengerbabies. Your underlying worldview is to be so suspicious of authority and "the mainstream" it renders you incapable of drawing the correct conclusions from the stuff you read and see. And then you strut around here claiming that you're the one who "knows what's going on". It is you who have contempt for most of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it booster time yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it booster time yet?
    Ah yes, wasn’t that another one of your predictions? Boosters every 6 months for life.
    I can’t remember the last time I was contacted about that. How about you?