User Tag List

Page 87 of 707 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Some neighbour was trying to get us all to go out and dance the other night.

I saw a few mutterings about that on a local FB group I'm in. Happily I don't think anyone around my way joined in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's getting really weird now. Alistair Campbell has started talking sense
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raab, Vallance and Whitty are doing it today.

Raab was in full stock phrases mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vallance says it is important to carry on with the measures in place (if only for another three weeks at present).

An idea of how long more would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telegraph are now reporting that Daniel Levy wants to put Tottenham ground staff to work on his private estate.

You can argue that keeping sporting venues in shape is essential, but working on private estates is certainly not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No decision on whether the lockdown will be extended yet - 'only when the time is right'.

Then he says the worst thing to do would be taking the foot off the pedal.

Seriously taking the piss. It's six days until it is three weeks, people need to know if they should still be making their usual travel to work or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Telegraph are now reporting that Daniel Levy wants to put Tottenham ground staff to work on his private estate.

You can argue that keeping sporting venues in shape is essential, but working on private estates is certainly not.
    You could argue that, but if he keeps their jobs and redeploys them elsewhere and they follow social distancing while they're working then I don't have a problem with it. It's the fact that the "non-playing" staff have been the target for some clubs' measures while the playing staff have continued to rake in the van fulls of money which has really rankled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another waste of everybody's time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You could argue that, but if he keeps their jobs and redeploys them elsewhere and they follow social distancing while they're working then I don't have a problem with it. It's the fact that the "non-playing" staff have been the target for some clubs' measures while the playing staff have continued to rake in the van fulls of money which has really rankled.
    Doing someone’s gardening is not essential work in the slightest.

Understand they can social distance while working but the whole point of this is to minimise people travelling and thats the point of the furlough scheme from teh government. But also, they dont want people on the roads or using public transport unless they are essential workers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the point of the furlough scheme was to stop literally millions of people simultaneously losing their houses because the companies they worked for no longer exist, the government are picking up the tab, so to speak, to allow those companies to have a chance of still existing when this is all over.
    I don't understand what the problem with people travelling is tbh. You get in a car, you're sealed in a metal box while you go somewhere, what's the problem?
    You do have a point but I personally I don't think I can get that worked up about it, even if it is Levy