Page 9 of 707 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Another 743 deaths in Italy
    That's going to be the UK in 2-4 weeks, if not worse. The absolute lack of regard for their fellow human beings by some of these pandemic merrymakers is going to take a horrible toll. We could all see what was happening in Italy and yet that, somehow, is not enough of an incentive for some people. I guess they think hey, fuck it, I'll be fine. Remind me never to be stuck in a trench with one of these bastards.

Disclaimer: Would more likely be a sewage trench on community service than a war time situation, but even so.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank fuck we're Brits and not Yanks. Over there, the demonic Dems have blocked every attempt to prop up the economy and the public. They have scuppered two key bills that would have sent urgent assistance to people and businesses that need to stay afloat once month end hits. Instead of working with America they have launched a 1,400 page list of conditions stuffed full of warmism and identity politics bullshit.

This is bad, because people in need won't get the urgent help they need. But it's good in the long term because this is the end of those scumbgas. Anyone trying to take advantage of this crisis, the Dems, the mainstream media, certain shitty bosses that are forcing their non-essential workers onto packed tubes, pandemic day-trippers - these scumbags have had it. People will remember this time.

I men I'm not getting a penny from government, and that's right because I can get by (for now). But imagine how shitty you have to be to stand in the way of people who will need urgent help just to eat? Even if some equally despicable shitheads take advantage and grab cash too. Let's deal with those fucks later.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my friend’s daughters (about 15) went into town because she

"would literally prefer to die than not have my hair products if I'm stuck in"

I probably should point out to my friend that it probably won’t be her daughter dying, but her dad might if she’s caught it and they’ve been in close proximity. Kids are pretty stupid and short sighted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my friend’s daughters (about 15) went into town because she

"would literally prefer to die than not have my hair products if I'm stuck in"

I probably should point out to my friend that it probably won’t be her daughter dying, but her dad might if she’s caught it and they’ve been in close proximity. Kids are pretty stupid and short sighted
    I blame the fucking hairdresser that was open to do her hair, just as much anyway.

I don't know what happens after this? Do I have any clients? Have they all gone bust? Will I have an income? Maybe, Maybe not. I'm one of those freelancers that will be getting zero help. But, in some ways, wondering if 25,000 (it will probably be more) people are going to die, gasping for breath and in fucking agony, could be considered (in the short term at least) to have the edge in terms of importance. Particularly if me or one of my own happens to be one of those victims. But I guess I have enough years behind me to think about things like that.

One of the worst messages sent was this does not affect the young. Well maybe they have a tiny chance of being a casualty, but it will affect them in so many other ways they just don't realise yet. But I guess when you are given almost certain immunity by every message coming out of government and the media, if you are young enough and immortal enough and inexperienced enough you'll just say fuck it, there are more important things than whatever happens to other people.

Most of us don't really care what happens to people in Africa, do we? If we are honest. It's so far away. Out of sight, easy to push it out of mind unless they do one of those concerts which makes us fashionably concerned and outraged. For a while. Then back to normal. That'll be the mindset of a lot of young and fit people during this crisis, even when it's hitting closer to home. Yeah so sad, tragic even, but how does it directly affect me?

It's called a lack of community spirit and it has been been engineered into people over many years. This country, as it stands today, would have definitely fallen to the Hun. Without a fight probably. Whether that's progress or not, well to me it's not. But the next generation have to decide what type of society they want to live in. It's up to them now. Only thing I would say, for all their virtue signalling they seem to fall a bit short when the shit actually hits the fan.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, Chakrabarti is on now urging sanctions against people who don't do what they are ordered to to do. Okay, this is a crisis. But the irony. It's a long way from being the director of Liberty.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf they probably saw the pics of thousands of people cramming themselves on to tube trains and thought a gathering of 20 outdoors wasn't a big deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Tbf they probably saw the pics of thousands of people cramming themselves on to tube trains and thought a gathering of 20 outdoors wasn't a big deal
    Except it would take a long time to get across London on a barbecue - fucking idiots.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working at home starts for me today.

How do you avoid swearing in your own home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Working at home starts for me today.

How do you avoid swearing in your own home?
    Throw the wife out.
    Für eure Sicherheit