Page 468 of 707 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    They thought they lived in a free country. They were wrong.
    Your definition of a free country doesn’t exist. Can’t exist.
    Because you don’t live on your own on a desert island where you can do what you like without affecting anyone. You live in a society and that means your actions affect others. So there have to be rules, that’s the price of living in a society.
    You can’t drive how you like, because you could kill someone.
    So you have to take a test before you can drive and when you’ve passed that there are lots of rules about how you drive. None of this is because “they” are trying to control and oppress every aspect of your life, it’s because we live in a complicated interconnected society where our actions don’t just affect ourselves.
    Obviously on individual issues there may be some debate - the smoking ban in pubs was hotly debated, now it seems to ludicrous to me that you could ever smoke in so many indoor public places. You may argue that it “infringes your liberty” that you can’t. But what about the liberty of others who don’t want to sit in a smoky pub and go home stinking. There is no perfect solution, whatever you do some people are going to be unhappy.

In normal times “they” don’t care how many people gather for a wedding. But these are not normal times, there’s a pandemic going on. You can continue to deny that if you must but I’ve shown the data on hospitalisations and deaths and excess deaths. You claim to make decisions based on data, if you think the data I’ve posted is incorrect then feel free to provide your own source for me and others to look at.

So in the context of a pandemic spread by contact there is a case that making temporary rules to prevent that makes sense. I’m not entirely convinced these rules are right but I understand the reasoning. They might not always have your best interests at heart but they’re not constantly out to get you either. Again, those aren’t the only two options.
    These rules are a temporary response to the situation going on in the world right now. I’ve addressed the evidence for the situation with data. I know they’re temporary because the response has changed as the situation has changed and I imagine it will continue to.

Remember that you were the one who was predicting the army on the streets, curfews and checkpoints. What happened to that. For someone who has been so wrong about so much you do have a curious confidence in your ability to know what’s going on.
    You might want to try some introspection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The official data will be out later and include the doses from Northern Ireland but the data released so far for England, Scotland & wales is showing about 475,000 vaccines administered yesterday.

Once Northern Ireland is added, it could be close to 500k in a day.

The government might have got a lot wrong but this vaccination has been an incredible effort especially with the speed they ramped it up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, they do seem to be getting this right.

...obviously that’s only because they want to make sure Bill Gates can put tracking chips into us as soon as possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A further 493,000 people vaccinated yesterday meaning just shy of a million people in total over Friday & Saturday.

I suspect given teh weather the numbers might be a bit lower for today but if we can keep up the 500k rate a day, it will be hugely impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have thought that by now, Boris would have learnt not to hold himself a hostage to fortune following his comments of “12 weeks to turn the tide” “ a normal christmas” etc

So today he has said he is looking at potentially relaxing some measures before mid february. At a guess, would assume that be similar to Tier 4 with some outdoor sport but still no indoor mixing & shops etc still closed.

Now, why say that? Why get peoples hopes up that things might be earlier then predicted because now when you dont relax measures, people will be angry (if they aren’t already ). Keep quiet & if you are going to relax measures, just announce it rather then teasing us with propect of it and lets face it, probably failing to deliver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be very helpful to a lot of people if outdoor sport was allowed. It must also be possible for even gyms to operate in a covid secure way? Wearing masks, wiping down the equipment after use, open windows etc.

Can’t see shit changing though. I’m sure he means well but when he’s slapped with the numbers there’s no way he’ll be able to follow through. So kindly STFU Boris.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff like golf and tennis would seem perfectly reasonable, even if they restricted it to 2 people to abide by the "only one person outside your household" rule.
    Two sports pretty much designed for social distancing.
    Boris does need to stop over-promising and under-delivering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to know when you can expect a vaccine: https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

I check it every day, and every day it gets closer, and I'm basically last in the queue.

Looks like there's a real possibility of getting our lives back before summer.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    If you want to know when you can expect a vaccine: https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

I check it every day, and every day it gets closer, and I'm basically last in the queue.

Looks like there's a real possibility of getting our lives back before summer.
    that's really interesting - it says i'll get my first dose in March and the second in June...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    that's really interesting - it says i'll get my first dose in March and the second in June...
    You old bastard
    I won't be getting my first one till April.
    Saga magazine indeed (see BW). Bastards.