User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Ukraine vs Russia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Thread: Ukraine vs Russia.

Russia really should be winning this one, even if Ukraine have home advantage.

Looks like they may have to settle for a draw at this rate, however.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-3 Putin hatter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This helped me understand a lot more about the whole situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post

This helped me understand a lot more about the whole situation.
    Couple of crucial points to add that flip the cleverly biased context of this propaganda piece 180.

During the latter years of the Soviet Union Ukraine was far an away the largest producer of natural gas in the entire state. Massive, massive volumes, can't remember the number but it was huge. Trouble is, it was also expensive and highly subject to global price fluctuations. When prices went down production became a loss making endeavour. Then more easily recoverable deposits were found further east and Ukraine's important steadily waned (in terms of energy). Putin's not in Ukraine because he fears Ukrainian competition in the energy market. That competition would never materialise. Think it through. If more supply came onto the market the price would go down. Okay?

Next thing, the US wants to sell LNG to Europe. Do you need me to continue?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, the "If you see NATO as a threat" comedy punch line was good. You can see the blue spreading across the map, cutting into every avenue, breaking open new points of control. How was it done? Criminals in office stole money from you and handed it to tinpot tyrants in these "democratic" regions. Not that the Russians didn't do exactly the same. But the point here is, one nation views this as an existential threat, the other views it as an elitist profit opportunity and a stepping stone in their imperialist fantasy. But mainly the money, you know?

This is where I give Obama some credit. He tried to hold the neocons and the addicts in the energy industry (and their paid off stooges like Ted Cruz) back. But he was overwhelmed because he made exactly the same mistake as Trump. He didn't sack (I'd have killed them so they couldn't come back) every last motherfucker the minute he turned the handle of the Oval Office. Critical mistake. We might find out just how critical. They turned a seriously flawed but somewhat pragmatic and peace oriented man into a base animal, a savage. They always do. Even Trump couldn't stop them, though he at least scuppered their plans for Iran. A major reason for the coup in 2020.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(By the way, that honestly isn't aimed at anyone in particular. I have pretty much said nothing about this because I'd be the first to admit I'm completely ignorant of the history and politics around it all)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BREAKING NEWS!

Russia have been stripped of the 2022 World Volleyball Championships! This is massive!

Take that, Putin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dodge a bullet here Usmanov hit by sanctions
    The European Council have confirmed that Everton investor Alisher Usmanov has been hit by its latest round of sanctions in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.Usmanov hit by sanctions