Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    2 weeks to flatten the curve.

You can trust them - they're doctors.
    I don't know what your point here is. The restrictions have consistently changed as the data has.
    I was on holiday last week and apart from masks here and there it was pretty much business as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I hate the things although I understand the reason for them and don’t deny they help reduce transmission.

I’ll never understand people walking down the road with them on.
    I keep forgetting i'm wearing it once it's on, so i do find myself walking down the road with it still on sometimes - so don't have a go in case it's me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the times are reporting today that 21st June is going to be delayed by a month in order to give business certainty.

Because the prime minister saying in every interview that nothing in data shows 21st June needs to be delayed & then announcing a week before that it is being delayed is giving business certainty

Idiots

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's almost certain to be delayed.
    And actually, I'm OK with that. There has been an uptick in cases and while that hasn't yet led to hospitalisations and deaths there is always a lag.
    But yes, the thing which Boris has consistently got wrong in all this is to pretend everything is fine and then at the last minute announce lockdowns or restrictions or delays in easing of them. Managing expectations is such a basic skill, it's incredible that he hasn't mastered it. He just wants to be the hero, the guy announcing good news. Prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increase in cases is because we’re mixing again, which was surely to be expected? The hospitalisation and death rate is lower than it was though which is the most important thing.

Uncertainty is always there, it’s a pandemic after all, even if things were lifted there will always be a chance of restrictions returning should we see a spike.

Just feel the time has come to get on with our lives now, masks, constant sanitising etc are here to stay now. Don’t see why there needs to be an extension when so much normal life has returned already and the majority have had at least one jab.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 11-06-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 more weeks then.

Sounds like larger scale weddings could be given the go ahead though. Hopefully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the right decision tbf. And life is OK right now. Most things are open, had a nice beach day with the family yesterday - haven't seen some of them since all this nonsense started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s refreshing to see all the global leaders go on about how we need to keep social distancing, limits on numbers, no travel & masks etc.

All while they have a piss up in Cornwall with no masks, social distancing, limit on numbers or indeed quarantine.

I fully acccept that face to face meetings are beneficial but probably not when the host country is delaying easing of restrictions meaning people have to keep obeying social distancing etc for another month. Really smacks of one rule for us & one rule for everyone else., especially when it could have been a zoom call!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utterly avoidable had Johnson added India to the red list 3 weeks earlier.

Twat.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Utterly avoidable had Johnson added India to the red list 3 weeks earlier.

Twat.
    He's nothing if not consistent.
    He has constantly reacted too late to things. Pretended it was all fine. And then admitted it wasn't too late.
    Prick.