User Tag List

Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    on the "When was the last time ANYONE saw white nationalists marching down their streets?" remark, actually everytime you see the BNP or EDL have a march or a rally of any kind that's exactly what you're seeing
    I've never seen any of those have a march. I'm sure they do, but they are small, outlying groups. Their views are not widely shared in the UK. Which doesn't mean racism doesn't exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I've never seen any of those have a march. I'm sure they do, but they are small, outlying groups. Their views are not widely shared in the UK. Which doesn't mean racism doesn't exist.
    in the same way NQ wasn't being literal (whether he admits it or not) about marching down 'your' street, neither was I - the fact is they do march down SOME people's streets - and i believe (though no, i can't prove it which means i'm on a level with NQ's YouTube warriors) that a significant number of British white people (let's call it a third) have some attitudes which could legitimately be described as racist
    Last edited by Mac76; 08-06-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, fine. So they march down some streets. But they are relatively small groups who don't represent the views of the vast majority of people in this country any more than the Westboro Baptist Church represent Christians.
    I don't think white people have a monopoly on racism, in a FB debate recently a black dude who I don't know said "you white people..." to me...whoa there, so that's OK, is it? He later clarified that he meant I was a white supremacist. Oh that's OK then, carry on . And yeah, I actually think most people have some racist or prejudiced views. I don't exclude myself from that, but I don't particularly think I treat people differently because of their race.
    These things aren't going to change overnight - the US isn't going to go from segregation in the 60s to equality quickly. But they're making progress - can you imagine Obama being elected in the 80s? Till quite recently it was unthinkable.
    I think the UK are a bit further along with these things and in my lifetime I've seen change - I grew up in an era where people like Bernard Manning were popular. These things take generations to change.
    Changing law laws was the easy bit, changing attitudes takes longer. But personally, while acknowledging I don't know what it's like to be black in this country, I don't think it's helpful to look for racism everywhere you look or assume every misfortune is because of it. I'm flat out calling bullshit on the above about security guards following them around the shop, watching them pay and then making them turn out their pockets. Didn't happen.
    And telling a child they'll never amount to anything because of the colour of their skin will become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in the same way NQ wasn't being literal (whether he admits it or not) about marching down 'your' street, neither was I - the fact is they do march down SOME people's streets - and i believe (though no, i can't prove it which means i'm on a level with NQ's YouTube warriors) that a significant number of British white people (let's call it a third) have some attitudes which could legitimately be described as racist
    Yes, absolutely.

At least 1/3 of white British are racist.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the "When was the last time ANYONE saw white nationalists marching down their streets?" remark, actually everytime you see the BNP or EDL have a march or a rally of any kind that's exactly what you're seeing
    Those 4 guys are always knocking around the place causing trouble.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

At least 1/3 of white British are racist.
    that's not what i said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Letters 'I grew up in an era where people like Bernard Manning were popular. These things take generations to change.'

you've not heard of Roy Chubby Brown then, or indeed Jim Davidson who's still out there somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's not what i said
    It's what I'm saying. It's true.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Letters 'I grew up in an era where people like Bernard Manning were popular. These things take generations to change.'

you've not heard of Roy Chubby Brown then, or indeed Jim Davidson who's still out there somewhere
    75 and 66 years old respectively. I don't know any comedians under 50 who talk like them. So yeah, it takes generations to change this stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what? If you don't like them, don't pay to see them? There's a deluge of woke, virtue signalling comedians out there too. Having to sit through one of their routines would be just as much torture as listening to Jim Davidson. There's no point trying to force people to think alike, it doesn't work. And changing the world around them to suit one particular ideal will just reinforce resistance. Liberty is always the best policy.
    Für eure Sicherheit