User Tag List

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    One thing I don't think helps (he says, veering into controversial territory) is that black people see themselves as black. I don't think white people see themselves as white, and I don't actually think many white people see black people as black.
    Easy not to see colour when your colour is the majority. When I was in China, I absolutely saw myself as white, because that's how I was treated.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Easy not to see colour when your colour is the majority. When I was in China, I absolutely saw myself as white, because that's how I was treated.
    That's fair. Treated white how?
    That's not been my experience in China although I've only been there twice on a couple of business trips and didn't really interact with locals other than colleagues. Never had an issue in India either. Obviously you get people trying to rip you off because you're not a local but you'll get that in Europe too.
    And I'd suggest in the UK a lot of people are treated differently because of their nationality even if they're white.
    Which I'm not saying is OK but it's not all about race, and not every misfortune that befalls a "person of colour" is because of their race either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. The ongoing protests...what are they protesting about?
    Is their point that racism is bad?
    I mean, yeah. Agreed. But what laws do you want changed? Aren't there already laws against discrimination?
    If they're hoping for attitude change then do they think people with racist views will suddenly think "hey, they're right, i should stop being racist!"
    I'm not clear what they're protesting for. What are they trying to change and how do they think protesting will bring about that change?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, it's even like just being fair-haired in a lot of countries where the native population are all dark-haired, you really stand out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. The ongoing protests...what are they protesting about?
    Is their point that racism is bad?
    I mean, yeah. Agreed. But what laws do you want changed? Aren't there already laws against discrimination?
    If they're hoping for attitude change then do they think people with racist views will suddenly think "hey, they're right, i should stop being racist!"
    I'm not clear what they're protesting for. What are they trying to change and how do they think protesting will bring about that change?
    They're protesting against a system that never punishes the injustices against them or enforces the legislation you speak of

they want the next disciplinary tirbunal / judge etc to remember what happens if black people are on the wrong end of biased decisions again and again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the policeman has been sacked, arrested and charged.
    I do shudder to think what will happen if he's acquitted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was supporting Blacks Out Tuesday yesterday but it was ruined by a bunch of cunts who were going on about that bloke in the news.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fair. Treated white how?
    You're the religious one, what's one step down from worship?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're the religious one, what's one step down from worship?
    Oh I see

It is a bit like that in India. I think secretly they think we're still in charge over there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.