User Tag List

Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I do think there’s a case for arming our police. Seen so many clips of people taking the absolute piss and the cops looking totally helpless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    is that intended to be evidence for or against?

either way if you look, whoever it is they are grabbing and assaulting is simply trying to move away - they are not attacking the police or causing trouble

but no hey let's give the cops guns so they can just shoot him anyway, that makes sense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

either way if you look, whoever it is they are grabbing and assaulting is simply trying to move away - they are not attacking the police or causing trouble

but no hey let's give the cops guns so they can just shoot him anyway, that makes sense...
    I genuinely don’t believe the person posting this gave it any thought at all.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Not really intended either way, just an example of people taking the piss.

But I do think cops should be armed as should every law abiding citizen, if they so wish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup.

I nailed it.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that's the whole BLM project in a nutshell. Two factions with irreconcilable differences to the point each faction KNOWS the other is wrong on every issue.

It's a job well done. John Cleese's sentiments were right on the money, but they aren't useful here and now. We're long past that point.

For decades many different voices have been warning, don't censor ideas from outside a bubble that has inexorably been expanded by authority. We don't know about the silent majority yet (but can make a good guess), but the vast majority of the vocal minority has slammed the door shut on dissent. They now know what's right, they know what's wrong and they don't need to consider the counter-argument beyond labelling it unorthodox and therefore invalid by default. Smashing, looting and demanding justice at the expense of justice is not dissent, btw, it's the worst manifestation of conformity. The mob.

All the evidence, facts, data, statistics, testimony, it's irrelevant. Nobody is listening. But there are a few questions that might still be considered as neutral, that shouldn't infringe on either faction's certainties.

Where have the terrorists gone? The war on terror? Remember that? Worth taking two minutes to think about, maybe.

Remember the miner's strike? Probably not. So look it up - don't worry, it's not a conspiracy theory, it did happen. That's what the state looks like when it is determined to have its way. Look at the state today (if you can find it). You don't have to draw any conclusions (or think at all). Just examine, for a minute.

Where's the NHS? Where has it gone? Anyone who has tried to interact with their health services beyond being admitted as a COVID casualty will very likely know why I ask that question.

Where's the economy? Where has it gone?

That's all. I don't think there was anything overtly racist or privileged in that list. I'm fairly certain it's safe to think about these things if you have the time.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53087790

I really can't abide this sort of nonsense.
    Oh I'm really sorry about what my great, great, great....whatever may have done to your great, great, great....whatever.
    Nah. I'm accountable for my own attitudes and actions, not those of my ancestors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BLM destroys a statue of Washington. Now many of them are going to die.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The communist enclave of California is attempting to repeal civil rights legislation so discrimination based on race is made legal. But they are not racist. Time to wake up now.
    Für eure Sicherheit