Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Hmm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53262668

Thing is...he’s right, isn’t he? But that doesn’t matter. He said the “wrong” thing, so under the bus he goes. Doesn’t actually matter whether what he said is factually correct.
    Are... are you being serious?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it a genocide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... yeah?

Millions and millions were killed.

There's still so many damn blacks over here so it's all right I suppose.

What's wrong with you?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Well... yeah?

Millions and millions were killed.
    That’s not what genocide means. Millions are killed in wars. They are not genocides.
    There's still so many damn blacks over here so it's all right I suppose.
    Stop with the straw man argument. That isn’t what I said.

What's wrong with you?
    You are perfectly illustrating my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop with the straw man argument. That isn’t what I said.
    No, that's what he said.

I'm not sure why you're defending a notorious racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    genocide

noun
    noun: genocide; plural noun: genocides

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group.
    Starkey is right. If anything slavery was an anti-genocide as they didn't want to kill the slaves.

Doesn't make slavery okay but where is the outrage over modern day slavery. How many slaves have died building the World Cup stadiums in Qatar?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not defending him.
    But he said something which was factually correct.
    If he implied that because it wasn’t a genocide that makes it all ok - which I’m not sure he did - then I’m not defending that.
    But he’s right, it wasn’t a genocide. If you’re selling people then you’re not going to try and kill them all.
    None of this makes the slave trade ok. I don’t think Starkey is saying it does, I am certainly not.
    But him saying it wasn’t a genocide is correct.

A mate and me were talking about this the other night - not this specific thing, but this principle.
    If feels that at times people can’t say certain things even if they are true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not defending him.
    If he implied that because it wasn’t a genocide that makes it all ok - which I’m not sure he did - then I’m not defending that.
    But he’s right, it wasn’t a genocide. If you’re selling people then you’re not going to try and kill them all.
    None of this makes the slave trade ok. I don’t think Starkey is saying it does, I am certainly not.

A mate and me were talking about this the other night - not this specific thing, but this principle.
    Truth and facts are racist. Just like you can't talk about black on black crime statistics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not defending him.

I don't think people are criticising him for saying it wasn't a genocide, dude. Come on. Dont' argue in bad faith like that, you're not N_Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    you're not N_Q
    Are you sure?

Aren't they all just GP alt accounts?

At least that way, it wouldn't be so despairing to see these mid-life breakdowns happening in real time.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 02-07-2020 at 09:14 PM.