User Tag List

Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The strawman again is you comparing flight crashes to shooting black people. You can avoid getting in a plane. Can you avoid being black?
    Holy fucking shit. Are you just trolling?
    Are you deliberately missing the point I'm trying to make or do you genuinely not understand it? I'm not comparing anything to anything. I'm simply making the point that the fact plane crashes happen doesn't mean they are common or are evidence that flying is unsafe.
    Do you understand the difference between the fact that something is possible and something being likely?
    People win the lottery all the time. That doesn't mean winning the lottery is likely, it just means that in a large population unlikely things will happen to someone. Almost certainly not you though.

Its only the cops who have guns and people end up dead. Is that acceptable in any other country?. is it acceptable to you.....obviously it is.
    More straw manning.
    It's not "acceptible" but if you're going to let both the police and the population have guns then incidents like this are inevitable.

You say people were being shot while running from police. Now that is no longer the issue since i`ve shown how ludicrous that argument is
    I said that some of the people who were shot were running away from the police. You leapt on that and completely ignored the actual point I was making
    Even if we agree that whether they were running away isn't that important, that still leaves us with 14 black people shot and killed in the US by police last year.
    There are over 30 million black people in the US. (source https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...e/US/IPE120218 )
    That doesn't speak to me of a systematically racist police force gunning down black people at every opportunity.

Where is the evidence that black people's lives are in danger when they encounter the police in the US?
    You can look at individual incidents all day, what really tells you whether there's a problem is statistics.
    I see in a subsequent post you have provided some, so let me deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Read all the conclusions. they are the same that black people are being disproportionately killed by police. But again Im sure that you know better than the people who actually live this experience on a daily basis
    I do know that. Yes, black people are disproportionately affected. Tell you who are affected more, statistically - men. 95% of people shot and killed in the US in 2019 were male. Is that because of a systematically sexist police force gunning down males? No, it's because men get into far more scrapes with the police than women. Black people are disproportionately affected because they commit a disproportionate amount of the crime. Not because they are inherently more violent or lawless but because crime is correlated with poverty and for historic (and yes, racist) reasons, white people have most of the money in the US.
    I'm sure there's a racist element too, but the statistics do not bear out the idea that unarmed black people need fear for their lives when interacting with police in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This straw man is something you are in love with. A basic subject. you introduce stuff and when people call you out. they re then doing a straw man. Where did you learn your debating skills from. Cartoon Network?

Again. You deflect to men being more disproportioned than women. So that is not a straw man...because you introduced it. You are a clown

This is your actual statement
    "By “all those” do you mean the 14 unarmed black people who were shot and killed by police in the US 2019? Many of whom were fleeing the scene."

You pulled that one straight out of your posterior or some other place
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 08-07-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No evidence presented I see.

My point was and remains:

"the statistics do not bear out the idea that unarmed black people need fear for their lives when interacting with police in the US."

If you have evidence to the contrary then please present it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, it is difficult to present evidence where there is no official appetite for evaluating it.

“For years, legislators, community leaders and others have wanted to know: How many black Americans have died while being apprehended, arrested or transported by law enforcement officers? And how does that number compare with the number of men and women of other races and ethnicities killed each year in police custody?

No one knows the official answers to those questions. It has been five years since Congress passed the Death in Custody Reporting Act of 2013, which went into effect in December 2014, but federal officials have not yet gathered the data and made it public. Rep. Robert C. “Bobby” Scott of Virginia introduced the legislation, created based on an earlier law that expired in 2006 and had required states to submit quarterly reports on deaths in police custody.”

Even where there is research into it, the data is incomplete so subsequently that impacts on the resulting information.

“Academic research provides insights but offers an incomplete picture. A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine in 2016 finds there were 222 “legal intervention” deaths in 2013, or cases in which someone was killed by an on-duty law enforcement or other peace officer. The study is based on data from just 17 states, however, and none of the largest states — California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas — were included.”

Law enforcement agencies have a shockingly poor record of transparency.

“The new data collection method helped the agency find and track down information on 424 deaths in police custody during a three-month study period, June 1, 2015 through Aug. 31, 2015. Officials used news media coverage to find the vast majority of deaths – 89%, according to the technical report. Fewer than 50 deaths — 11% — were reported by law enforcement agencies.”

Some studies from the article put the death rate in such situations ranges from 250% to 600% higher for blacks as opposed to whites. Also, bear in mind, these are for deaths, which is binary, you either live or die, it does not cover instance where unnecessary violence was perpetrated against black victims of police brutality. Good luck trying to find reliable data on that.

If that doesn’t suggest a problem and a reasonable fear of the police within the black community, I don’t know what does.

https://journalistsresource.org/stud...united-states/
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Some studies from the article put the death rate in such situations ranges from 250% to 600% higher for blacks as opposed to whites. Also, bear in mind, these are for deaths, which is binary, you either live or die, it does not cover instance where unnecessary violence was perpetrated against black victims of police brutality. Good luck trying to find reliable data on that.

If that doesn’t suggest a problem and a reasonable fear of the police within the black community, I don’t know what does.
    Right. All fairly reasonable. There is definitely a racism issue in the US, I'm not denying that. The scale of the issue is hard to ascertain.
    The stats I've found suggest incidents like the George Floyd one are rare but I concede just looking at police shootings is simplistic.

[Note to Globalgunner, this is all you have to do - debate like a grown up, back up points with evidence. This is exactly the same as the genocide debate. You spent pages making ad hom attacks and just making irrelevant points before you finally posted a definition of genocide which made your case well.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equality of rights has always been a worthy goal and continues to be so. Not equality, of everything, full stop, btw - because that's bullshit. We are not all equal, as we develop and make choices from the day we are born. But a level playing field on which to make those choices is beneficial to all.

This is what makes BLM so hateful. They've hijacked a worthy goal for the most divisive purpose. It's despicable. To hide behind the cover of racial equality while pushing racial division. Even so, as vile as BLM is, the underlying principle of equality they shun remain valid. Cancer like BLM will come and go. They may cause considerable damage. But the goal remains equality of rights, despite them.

All the lunacy we're seeing, riots and murders while the media say all is peaceful, incredibly ignorant people (like Lacazette) pumping his fist unwittingly to promote racism while thinking he's fighting it, absolute morons like Lewis Hamilton driving not just his tricked out car, but a huge racial wedge whenever he gets the chance - none of this has anything to do with equality. It's to do with politics, an agenda, and publicity.

Hamilton's a good case. He used to be a kid who drove a car really fast. That's how I always though of him, a kid. Not a black kid. Hamilton was the classic case of what racial equality is supposed to be about. Nobody noticed his skin colour. He's always been given the top job, in the top team since the day he entered the F1. You could say he's been privileged in that respect. Regardless, he used to be the guy who won. But now he's very deliberately made himself the BLACK guy. He's done that. He's the racist. And I'd love to say that to his once colourless, now black face. He's just one example of racists pushing division where there was none before, or widening it following years of progress in the opposite direction.

This confusion between legitimate causes and insidious organisations like BLM is exactly what the latter intended. They have to hide behind worthy causes or else nobody but the worst malcontents and most uninformed and gullible would ever support them.

Also, what's this shit about BLM UK? There's no difference between the faction here and the one in the States. They are all marxists and wreckers. All in the hire of the political left and both funnelling their ill-gotten cash through ActBlue and onto the Democrats. Pure politics.

So it becomes an easy, and necessary, thing to support racial equality and condemn BLM in the most comprehensive manner.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Right. All fairly reasonable. There is definitely a racism issue in the US, I'm not denying that. The scale of the issue is hard to ascertain.
    The stats I've found suggest incidents like the George Floyd one are rare but I concede just looking at police shootings is simplistic.

[Note to Globalgunner, this is all you have to do - debate like a grown up, back up points with evidence. This is exactly the same as the genocide debate. You spent pages making ad hom attacks and just making irrelevant points before you finally posted a definition of genocide which made your case well.]
    Yes sir. Now back under the bridge with you
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 08-07-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or don't

Don't worry, will stick to talking to the grown ups in future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Or don't

Don't worry, will stick to talking to the grown ups in future
    Btw, god's a lie and ur a idiot
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God is real, there's a statue of him outside the Emirates.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.