User Tag List

Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why are people making this Breonna Taylor thing about race?
    The police may have messed up here but is the suggestion that if a white person had shot a policeman in the leg then the police wouldn’t have returned fire?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, we shouldn't encourage BAME "people" to work in government.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you agree with?
    I didn’t make a point.

I said “hmm” because I’m never convinced about positive discrimination.
    Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what it is, but sometimes specifying people with particular backgrounds is the only way to improve representation.

With a job like that, a lot of black people would simply think 'i'm not who they want' so you have to break through that perception.

I was less sympathetic with something like Labour's all-women shortlists, some of the women who benefitted from it were entirely useless (though admittedly a lot of male MPs were too), but it was harsh on any man (not me btw, i've never stood for anything) who might have spent his life in the local area and been a really good potential representative to be blocked from it due to such a clumsy rule - having to have a balance of candidates would have been fairer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of blacks and Asians in positions of authority, but we're still supposed to pretend they are underrepresented because the narrative of this country being racist needs to be maintained. There are no insurmountable barriers provided enough effort and desire exists. I've met plenty of useless blacks and Asians in senior positions too, btw. Just as there are many lardarse whites stinking up the management tiers. Why don't we shut up about non-issues such as skin colour and ethnic background and instead talk about competency?

Guess we couldn't do that or half the population would be out of a job.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a job like that, a lot of black people would simply think 'i'm not who they want' so you have to break through that perception.
    Aren't you a loser in the first place if you think like that? Therefore unsuitable for the job anyway?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    ,Just as there are many lardarse whites stinking up the management tiers. Why don't we shut up about non-issues such as skin colour and ethnic background and instead talk about competency?

Guess we couldn't do that or half the population would be out of a job.
    True in some cases but the fact is that those useless white people hire people in their own image, i know this stuff is clumsy but in this case they're only internships, not jobs

And it's 'competence' btw - you're fired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    True in some cases but the fact is that those useless white people hire people in their own image, i know this stuff is clumsy but in this case they're only internships, not jobs

And it's 'competence' btw - you're fired
    True LOL

But joke's on you because I don't care about being fired either. That's how I end all my appointments.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have some rule in our place which means that you have to shortlist at least one BAME person for certain jobs. All seems like bullshit and tokenism to me.

Black people should neither be encouraged or discouraged from progressing, they should simply have equal opportunity to, as should we all.