User Tag List

Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We have some rule in our place which means that you have to shortlist at least one BAME person for certain jobs. All seems like bullshit and tokenism to me.

Black people should neither be encouraged or discouraged from progressing, they should simply have equal opportunity to, as should we all.
    That's because you don't see it from the other side, i actually think that kind of rule's ok, you don't have to give them a job but as i said above too many people will select people in their own image and just won't give others a break

Tbh if i was selecting people for interview and someone said in 'personal interests' that they were a spuds fan, they wouldn't be selected, but i could lose out on someone good (i'd still do it though )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spud females.are quite good.looking in the main in my experience. I wouldn't discount the female.Spud just because of 1 bad decision she has made in.life. The males however can all eat straw. Wouldn't even give them the time of day.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not funny, but it's what you get.

The current system may be shitty (and it is - shitty, shitty, shitty), but the answer isn't to blow it up and replace it for an even shittier alternative. Whatever you think, the vast majority of people don't think it. So you have to change things slowly, by a general, messy, disorganised and one-step-forward, two-steps-back crawl. That's the only way it works. Unless you want to put your requirements above everyone else. In which case, get a mob and prepare for war.

You saw chad, chop, whatever that ridiculous autonomous zone was. They lost control within a couple of days. These are children playing at being revolutionaries. It doesn't work in the real world. You need a job. You need healthcare. You need the traffic lights to work. Your need planes to not fall out of the sky. These crackpots don't do that stuff - they have big ideas and that's where it ends. Communism never worked because it's theoretical with no practicality. As soon as commies seize power they don't know what the fuck to do, except ensure the people who notice don't get to live.

You can't fight the system if you insist on making it worse.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hence Brexit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hence Brexit.
    I mean, I agree with that, but not in the same way you do
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I mean, I agree with that, but not in the same way you do
    If you keep government as small as possible you have more chance of defeating it, which history tells us must be done - sooner or later. That's why globalisation is the most horrific development in human history. Its ultimate goal is the removal of all possibility and hope.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We have some rule in our place which means that you have to shortlist at least one BAME person for certain jobs. All seems like bullshit and tokenism to me.

Black people should neither be encouraged or discouraged from progressing, they should simply have equal opportunity to, as should we all.
    I think that's the issue, progress can only go so far for black people in this country.

In some places I have freelanced at, some people find it surprising that black people own their own homes or have studied in higher education...I kid you not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I think that's the issue, progress can only go so far for black people in this country.

In some places I have freelanced at, some people find it surprising that black people own their own homes or have studied in higher education...I kid you not.
    you've worked at NQ's propaganda company then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    you've worked at NQ's propaganda company then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Do you mean old people? I'd be surprised if anyone 40 had those sorts of attitudes.
    It's interesting and a bit depressing that those sorts of things still go on.
    I don't think there's anything inherently stopping black people from progressing, but I guess some of these things take generations to change,