Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Jesus christ.
    I don't think he's the problem. Far more likely the other guy downstairs.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I don't think he's the problem. Far more likely the other guy downstairs.
    That's if you believe in him, stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile back on Planet Earth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's if you believe in him, stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile back on Planet Earth....
    Why do you say that? Are you claiming what I said is not factual? Did you look? Or are you just assuming it?

Which part is non-factual? BLM's stated aims? This is old news really, not even disputed as far as I know. Mainly ignored.

Did you not like the idea that all crime should be treated equally, regardless of colour?

Do you dispute Biden's and Harris' involvement in enacting state and federal policies that greatly disenfranchised blacks in terms of drug offences and incarceration? This was even brought up in the Dem primaries. You may remember Gabbard obliterating Harris's credibility on the issue? And Biden openly boasts about his role.

Or the Clinton's involvement in drug trafficking? That's certainly disputed (or otherwise they'd be in jail), but the evidence has been clearly laid out and well documented, by Webb in particular. Hell, Hollywood even made a film about it.

I think the thing is not to go backwards and forwards on information that has long been in the public domain and is mostly a matter of official record, but rather to realise these issues didn't jump straight from the era of slavery to Trump's America, as parties who played a direct role in making the situation worse would have you believe.

That's very much planet earth, although I accept it's the opposite of planet media. All depends where you prefer to live really.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you say that? Are you claiming what I said is not factual? Did you look? Or are you just assuming it?

Which part is non-factual? BLM's stated aims? This is old news really, not even disputed as far as I know. Mainly ignored.

Did you not like the idea that all crime should be treated equally, regardless of colour?

Do you dispute Biden's and Harris' involvement in enacting state and federal policies that greatly disenfranchised blacks in terms of drug offences and incarceration? This was even brought up in the Dem primaries. You may remember Gabbard obliterating Harris's credibility on the issue? And Biden openly boasts about his role.

Or the Clinton's involvement in drug trafficking? That's certainly disputed (or otherwise they'd be in jail), but the evidence has been clearly laid out and well documented, by Webb in particular. Hell, Hollywood even made a film about it.

I think the thing is not to go backwards and forwards on information that has long been in the public domain and is mostly a matter of official record, but rather to realise these issues didn't jump straight from the era of slavery to Trump's America, as parties who played a direct role in making the situation worse would have you believe.

That's very much planet earth, although I accept it's the opposite of planet media. All depends where you prefer to live really.
    I am not going to entertain this with a reply, it's Word Salad given the context of the subject matter in hand.
    Last edited by selassie; 09-11-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not going to entertain this with a reply.
    Fine. Bye.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine being triggered by a Christmas advert.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/17/sains...tore-13606542/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine. Bye.
    you're off? no problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Imagine being triggered by a Christmas advert.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/17/sains...tore-13606542/
    It's not the Christmas advert in isolation though, is it? It's the non-stop culture war on TV, online, in print, in sport, everywhere. This is primarily and historically a white, Christian nation yet ethnic minorities are habitually overrepresented in most social aspects. I guess some people are fed up with it and it's not at all surprising. I wouldn't have planted a flag on this particular hill, but maybe older people who remember traditional Britain and are looking forward to Christmas, after a year of being told they are going to die, see this virtue signalling shit flashed up and think FFS, give it a break for five minutes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that but there are a few generations now of ethnic minorities who identify as British, as far as I’m concerned these people are as British as me or any other white British person, why shouldn’t they be represented? The advert is of an obviously Black British family celebrating Christmas - if they really wanted to be super woke they would have included foreign accents and all sorts.

If anyone looks at this advert and your first thought is why are they black? That is really bizarre.

Plus the advert is one of three parts, that will include whites too.