Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why is that relevant?
    because in NQ's world you shoudl legally be able to do anything to anyone if you decide they're some kind of lower form of life

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never quite understood the row over that.

Every character in the simpsons is a stereotype. Same in family guy etc where they have now replaced Cleveland’s voice.

Both those shows have been going 20 or 30 years and it is only in the last couple of years that complaints have been made by a seemingly small minority of people. Before that, i dont remember any complaints that Apu or Cleveland were racist etc but most seem to love the characters.

But there has been a trend in recent times with people demanding that certain characters both cartoon or real are played by the “right” actors such as a gay actor playing a gay character or a trans actor playing a trans character or disabled actor playing a disabled character. I think there criticism of Eddie Redmayne for being cast in the Danish Girl as he is a straight white male and his character was trans.

Seems to me that some are just determined to be offended by everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is that relevant?
    It's relevant because the cops treat absconded criminals far more cautiously and harshly than regular citizens. This guy had already been done for aggravated robbery, so the cops aren't chasing the poor innocent victim the BBC is trying to paint. They are chasing a violent criminal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    because in NQ's world you shoudl legally be able to do anything to anyone if you decide they're some kind of lower form of life
    Go and iron your knickers.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I have never quite understood the row over that.

Every character in the simpsons is a stereotype. Same in family guy etc where they have now replaced Cleveland’s voice.

Both those shows have been going 20 or 30 years and it is only in the last couple of years that complaints have been made by a seemingly small minority of people. Before that, i dont remember any complaints that Apu or Cleveland were racist etc but most seem to love the characters.

But there has been a trend in recent times with people demanding that certain characters both cartoon or real are played by the “right” actors such as a gay actor playing a gay character or a trans actor playing a trans character or disabled actor playing a disabled character. I think there criticism of Eddie Redmayne for being cast in the Danish Girl as he is a straight white male and his character was trans.

Seems to me that some are just determined to be offended by everything
    Subversion is not meant to be understood, it's designed to be confusing, chaotic, reactionary. When you are breaking a culture and society down so you can remake it from the ashes, it doesn't matter what incendiaries you use because nothing of the old is being retained or recycled. Classic communist doctrine. Divide everyone on cultural and emotional issues.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    But there has been a trend in recent times with people demanding that certain characters both cartoon or real are played by the “right” actors such as a gay actor playing a gay character or a trans actor playing a trans character or disabled actor playing a disabled character.
    It's very strange.
    I mean, do they actually understand what acting is?!
    One could argue that a black character should be played on screen by a black actor. When it comes to voice acting...does it really matter? Should Bart (played by Nancy Cartright) be replaced by a male boy voice actor because he's a young boy. She does Nelson and Ralph Wiggum, while we're here. It's all very silly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's relevant because the cops treat absconded criminals far more cautiously and harshly than regular citizens. This guy had already been done for aggravated robbery, so the cops aren't chasing the poor innocent victim the BBC is trying to paint. They are chasing a violent criminal.
    Fair enough.

For the record, this sounds like a general balls up, I don't think for one minute it was racially motivated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Floyd jury have reached a decision
    To be revealed soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Floyd jury have reached a decision
    To be revealed soon...
    Hang him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.