Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
Do you mean old people? I'd be surprised if anyone 40 had those sorts of attitudes.
It's interesting and a bit depressing that those sorts of things still go on.
I don't think there's anything inherently stopping black people from progressing, but I guess some of these things take generations to change,
To be fair mainly old people, but you do get the odd youngster who tries to "stereotype", lazy comments like "were you a drug dealer when you were younger?"

I think race relations in this country are relatively good, more so in the cities. I think that in the entertainment, creative and arts industry, progress is a lot more easier for black people, I guess that is more to do with having the opportunity to be self-employed. I think these industries are a lot more open and less race focused.

The corporate industries are a different kettle of fish though, How many black people do you see as chief execs of major legal or banking firms in the city? I don't for one minute think there can not be one decent candidate. Regardless of that, I don't just link Black people to this, I think this applies to people of colour or a different ethnic background.